Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Anybody been here??
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

lwink

Mar 26, 2007, 1:54 AM
Post #1 of 3 (648 views)
Shortcut

Anybody been here??  (North_America: United_States: Minnesota: Central_East: Interstate_Park: Wisconsin_Strip)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Has anybody ever been climbing here that would like to go sometime this spring? Are the climbs fairly obvious once you get there? Any comments are welcome.
Thanks

krosbakken

Mar 26, 2007, 2:39 AM
Post #2 of 3 (620 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lwink] Anybody been here?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was there last fall and it is beautiful. We had a Falcon Guide book but if you have any kind of guide book for the area it will be easy to find the routes. And chances are there will be some other climbers there that you can ask for beta. The access for most of the climbing are short trails. But some of the approaches are sketchy.

heres a pic http://www.rockclimbing.com/...ite_Crack_80120.html

In the picture you can see the Wisconsin Strip, its the cliff to the right and middle of the picture.

(This post was edited by krosbakken on Mar 26, 2007, 2:43 AM)

carter

Mar 26, 2007, 3:11 AM
Post #3 of 3 (598 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lwink] Anybody been here?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Most of the climbs are pretty easy to find if you are using the Falcon Guide. Some of the areas away from the river like the Indian Head or Delicate Dihedral area can be hard to find for the first time.

I don't know how familiar you are with the area, but there is climbing at the Interstate park in MN too. I usually hit up both sides of the river in one day.

Here is an online climbing guide to the area. http://minnesotaclimbing.com/...rapper&Itemid=35

Carter

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook