bbentley77

Apr 2, 2007, 1:30 AM
Post #101 of 206 (5568 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_leech] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
please remember what Dr. Rohrich said: "The idea behind the leeches is to cause blood to ooze so that the body's own blood supply will eventually take over and the limb can go on and survive".

I'm tellin you... you're blowin it with this Dr. Rohrich nonsense.... lose it and it's a masterpiece!

In reply to:
“curtis_g” wrote:
If 'n00bs' are clogging your routes then you should probably start climbing harder before I call you a 'n00b' yourself.

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA!

In reply to:
If you read the entire thread before posting, you might appear to be less of a jackass.

bWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This post was edited by bbentley77 on Apr 2, 2007, 2:22 AM)

scuclimber

Apr 2, 2007, 3:41 AM
Post #102 of 206 (5533 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
Dood, masterful. I don't care how many serious responses it gets, this is now my favorite troll of all time.

I agree with j_ung. One of the best. And it continues to be.

curtis_g

Apr 2, 2007, 5:16 AM
Post #103 of 206 (5511 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the_leech wrote:
“curtis_g” wrote:
If 'n00bs' are clogging your routes then you should probably start climbing harder before I call you a 'n00b' yourself.

If you read the entire thread before posting, you might appear to be less of a jackass. At least bandwidth won’t be wasted by your repetitious drivel. Please refer back to page three for a response to your asinine comment.

I read it, leech, and I read through your trolling too, it just saddens me that you value your cred on RC.com so much that you went through the apparent effort of that post just to either boost your ego and/or gain menial internet credentials by trolling n00bs and afterwards holding you nose high and snuffing everyone who doesn't think you're the $hit.

You poor poor man.

knieveltech

Apr 2, 2007, 5:39 AM
Post #104 of 206 (5510 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is hands down one of the funniest threads I've seen since subtle quit posting to the Ask The n00b thread. Speaking of noobs, know your enemy:

I thrutch on warmup routes. I beg my belayer to haul me past the crux while toproping. I whine. I constantly interrupt my climber coworkers during the day with clueless drivel, IM'd links to random crap off of RC.com, blathering about wanting to go places I couldn't climb with a ladder, bitching about getting shut down the weekend before on my latest v1 "project", etc. I've managed to disgust entire crags worth of onlookers by refusing to retrieve a rope wedged in some third class terrain at the bottom of a route because "the exposure was making me dizzy". I've posted pics to online of bouldering a playground just because there's a heelhook involved. In short, I'm a noob. and as a noob I think folks getting bent out of shape over what's obviously a funny post is retarded. My only real complaint is the OP totally missed the most insidious aspect of having noobs hanging around the crag.

Here's a scenario for you, it may sound familiar. You've headed out to the local boulders to crank on your latest v9 project. You brought your girl along (also a climber). Everything's cool and the gang that morning while the group's sessioning a few warmup problems, but when the main event kicks off your girl is left hanging around with the packs because maybe she doesn't climb quite as hard as you do. Enter stage left, the Noob. Two problems over there's a guy thrutching away on a V1, making a total spectacle of himself. After getting thoroughly shut down he looks over at your girl (who's very likely bored at this point because its been an hour since she's gotten to climb) "Hey, you want to try this? I've already got a pad down, I'd be happy to spot for you." So maybe she takes a crack at the problem. She sends it easily. The noob's clearly impressed. The amazement, praise, and envy of her climbing skills is obvious in his voice. " Wow, you really hiked that. That was great!" An introduction and small talk insues, blah blah, yadda yadda: "Have you seen any easier problems around here?" So maybe out of pity, she shows him a few of the really easy warmup routes. At this point the noob has managed to engratiate itself completely on your girl. You finish your climbing for the day only to find your girl's wandered off. An hour later she comes strolling back down the trail with this gumby in tow. They're chatting like old friends. Introductions are made all around. And then, the coup de grace. "Hey honey, aren't we heading out to <insert climbing destination here> next weekend? We should take Bob the Noob along." Six months later this guy is now glommed on to just about every climbing tirp you make. On the few ocassions you ditched him your girl gave you grief for being "mean" and went on and on about how she has more fun when she has someone closer to her skill level (read way below her skill level) to climb with. Next thing you know she's started going to the climbing gym on your rest nights. It's only a matter of time....

ninja_climber

Apr 2, 2007, 6:56 AM
Post #105 of 206 (5504 views)
Shortcut

Re: [knieveltech] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

STFU n00b Tongue

kixx

Apr 2, 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #106 of 206 (5494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for making everyone bleed Leech, I see now that it's all done us a lot of good. Crazy

I'm just going to stay off the general discussions forum from now on. (let me know if subtle writes for us again and then i'll be back)

I don't get all you cyberspace characters so i'm going climbing instead.

You have successfully culled an RC.com n00b from the general discussions board. i wish i never read it.Tongue

(This post was edited by kixx on Apr 2, 2007, 3:09 PM)

azrockclimber

Apr 2, 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #107 of 206 (5492 views)
Shortcut

Re: [girl_lostInVA] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

girl_lostInVA wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
now, in theory, I agree with you. however, I really need to introduce more hot chicks to climbing.

you should definitely have a special exemption for attractive girls and hot chick noobs...always take them climbing Laugh

girl_lostinVA

yes you would feel that way! haha

...obviously someone used the "hot girl noob" excuse when they took you....

way to go whoever that was, seriously Smile

girl_lostInVA

Apr 2, 2007, 2:17 PM
Post #108 of 206 (5473 views)
Shortcut

Re: [azrockclimber] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

azrockclimber wrote:
girl_lostInVA wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
now, in theory, I agree with you. however, I really need to introduce more hot chicks to climbing.

you should definitely have a special exemption for attractive girls and hot chick noobs...always take them climbing Laugh

girl_lostinVA

LOL Laugh
I don't know what reason other than he was being a nice guy, but hey, I'll take it!! If that nice cute guy needed an excuse to take me, the n00b, climbing...I don't care what the excuse was...Smile

Partner j_ung

Apr 2, 2007, 3:32 PM
Post #109 of 206 (5438 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the_leech wrote:
“drummergirl” wrote:
i'd just like to point out that YOU in fact were a n00b at some point, and im sure that you didn't go sailing to the top of the social climbing chain in a day... bla... bla... bla... bla...

I don’t see why you’re all worked up, honey. Based on your profile pic, you may be eligible for the exemption suggested by girl_lostInVA back on page one. Even n00bBentley picked up on this. Just keep in mind that an annoying personality can exclude you from the exemption.

LaughLaugh

This thread gets better by the inch.

cchildre

Apr 2, 2007, 3:55 PM
Post #110 of 206 (5433 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

girl_lostInVA wrote:
but everyone is new sometime...unless you climbed out of your mom with shoes and harness on

WOW I wonder what sort of rating that problem would get? It has to be a boulder rating using the V scale, considering what your climbing...

the_leech

Apr 3, 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #111 of 206 (5387 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curtis_g] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curtis_g wrote:
the_leech wrote:
If you read the entire thread before posting, you might appear to be less of a jackass. At least bandwidth won’t be wasted by your repetitious drivel. Please refer back to page three for a response to your asinine comment.

I read it, leech, and I read through your trolling too, it just saddens me that you value your cred on RC.com so much that you went through the apparent effort of that post just to either boost your ego and/or gain menial internet credentials by trolling n00bs and afterwards holding you nose high and snuffing everyone who doesn't think you're the $hit.

You poor poor man.

I retract my earlier reply to you. I'm man enough to admit that I was wrong. It's now obvious that you are quite a jackass even when you read the entire thread before posting.

ninja_climber wrote:
STFU n00b

This is an excellent example of one of the most basic "cull the n00b" skills. Good work! Don't forget to hone and utilize your "attitude of discouragement" as well.

kixx wrote:
You have successfully culled an RC.com n00b from the general discussions board. i wish i never read it.

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing. It seems our strategies are working. Everyone who is applying their "cull the n00bs" skills should be very proud. I won't claim victory yet, because this is only the beginning of a long battle...

curtis_g

Apr 3, 2007, 1:06 AM
Post #112 of 206 (5375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the_leech wrote:
curtis_g wrote:
the_leech wrote:

You poor poor man.

I retract my earlier reply to you. I'm man enough to admit that I was wrong. It's now obvious that you are quite a jackass even when you read the entire thread before posting.

haha.Laugh just plaing the game being played.

dingus

Apr 3, 2007, 1:27 AM
Post #113 of 206 (5366 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the_leech wrote:
kixx wrote:
You have successfully culled an RC.com n00b from the general discussions board. i wish i never read it.

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing.

Say you ejected the Kixx
On post sixty six!

Club the Noob.

DMT

(This post was edited by dingus on Apr 3, 2007, 1:27 AM)

azrockclimber

Apr 3, 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #114 of 206 (5327 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

girl_lostInVA wrote:
azrockclimber wrote:
girl_lostInVA wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

girl_lostinVA

LOL Laugh
I don't know what reason other than he was being a nice guy, but hey, I'll take it!! If that nice cute guy needed an excuse to take me, the n00b, climbing...I don't care what the excuse was...Smile

well, I definitely know the reason.... Wink

us guys aren't really all that nice...haha

Partner cracklover

Apr 3, 2007, 2:54 PM
Post #115 of 206 (5300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice post, Knieveltech. I figured there had to be reason why I like multi-pitch trad climbing better than bouldering. Now I know why.

GO

knieveltech

Apr 3, 2007, 3:02 PM
Post #116 of 206 (5293 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Nice post, Knieveltech. I figured there had to be reason why I like multi-pitch trad climbing better than bouldering. Now I know why.

GO

Thanks! It's an unfortunate truth that multipitch trad is more or less n00b-proof. I'm still trying to figure out a way to glomp onto a trad climber, so far no dice. It's really hampering my goal of applying my thrutching/whining skills to all aspects of the sport.

olderic

Apr 3, 2007, 3:14 PM
Post #117 of 206 (5281 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
Thanks! It's an unfortunate truth that multipitch trad is more or less n00b-proof.

The nOOb virus is so powerful and spreading so rapidly then even multi-pitch trad climbs are no longer immune. There are a variety of tactics they use to try and acquire these scarce resources - the most popular is to set up a TR on the first pitch and hang one of their over-weight flailers a few feet off the ground for hours on end - occasionally swapping flailers. The slightest reproach will ellicit the standard "You should have gotten here earlier if you wanted to climb this". (despite the fact that "earlier" the real climbers had probably fired off 5-6 pitches in the same time they nOObs were grovelling up to and setting up their anchor).

(This post was edited by olderic on Apr 3, 2007, 3:58 PM)

knieveltech

Apr 3, 2007, 3:43 PM
Post #118 of 206 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Re: [olderic] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

olderic wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
Thanks! It's an unfortunate truth that multipitch trad is more or less n00b-proof.

The nOOb virus is so powerful and spreading so rapidly then even multi-pitch trad climbs are no longer immune. There are a variety of tactics they use to try and acquire these scarce resources - the most popular is to set up a TR on the first pitch and hang one of their over-weight flailers a few feet off the ground for ours on end - occasionally swapping flailers. The slightest reproach will ellicit the standard "You should have gotten here earlier if you wanted to climb this". (despite the fact that "earlier" the ral climbers had probably fired off 5-6 pitches in the same time they nOObs were grovelling up to and setting up their anchor).

Hmm, sounds like a viable technique. I'd give that a try but I don't have kit for anchors yet. Even so, the trad climbers around here are a pretty cagey bunch. So far all attempts to infiltrate their ranks have failed miserably. Maybe if I bought a couple of nuts and maybe a cam to go on my harness at the gym...you know, like camoflage? Waddaya think?

codhands

Apr 3, 2007, 3:43 PM
Post #119 of 206 (5263 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
Is this proper for TR?

I am trying to rig it this weekend and do some outdoor TR but not sure if I got all of them in the right format, help me please

Thanks

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5839/screenhunter002wo9.gif[/IMG]

You forgot the screamer. Otherwise bomber!

granite_grrl

Apr 3, 2007, 3:49 PM
Post #120 of 206 (5255 views)
Shortcut

Re: [codhands] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

codhands wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
Is this proper for TR?

I am trying to rig it this weekend and do some outdoor TR but not sure if I got all of them in the right format, help me please

Thanks

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5839/screenhunter002wo9.gif[/IMG]

You forgot the screamer. Otherwise bomber!

I thought that the first person who hangs off that rig would be the screamer.

djbiggs

Apr 3, 2007, 3:56 PM
Post #121 of 206 (5247 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Indeed ... cull em. Some of the best advice I have been given in culling noobs is simply tell them to use their initiative, and hey its just simple mechanics .... how hard can it be?
There was a lot of advertising put into culling noobs famously the "just do it" campaign initially run by a charity until bought out by nike and used for profit. Tragically another good cause abused was the "No fear" campaign somewhat more successful getting noobs to do themselves in.

But to all those wanting shoe size advice ... have no fear just do it. buy it I mean (don't climb)

(This post was edited by djbiggs on Apr 3, 2007, 3:57 PM)

olderic

Apr 3, 2007, 4:00 PM
Post #122 of 206 (5237 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
Hmm, sounds like a viable technique. I'd give that a try but I don't have kit for anchors yet. Even so, the trad climbers around here are a pretty cagey bunch. So far all attempts to infiltrate their ranks have failed miserably. Maybe if I bought a couple of nuts and maybe a cam to go on my harness at the gym...you know, like camoflage? Waddaya think?

I think...I think that you truely should be deemed "King of all nOObs". By the way - if you are ever up in the Boston area I'd be happy to take you climbing.

keegan540

Apr 3, 2007, 4:07 PM
Post #123 of 206 (5232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [salamanizer] The n00bs must be culled [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How do I set up a top rope anchor?

knieveltech

Apr 3, 2007, 4:57 PM
Post #124 of 206 (5209 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

olderic wrote:
knieveltech wrote:

I think...I think that you truely should be deemed "King of all nOObs". By the way - if you are ever up in the Boston area I'd be happy to take you climbing.

I'm flattered, but the title "King of all n00bs" has already been taken by Subtle. I'm just a precocious underling. http://www.rockclimbing.com/...cgi?username=subtle;

Partner cracklover

Apr 3, 2007, 8:01 PM
Post #125 of 206 (5175 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

olderic wrote:
knieveltech wrote:

Ditto. Anyone with a wry sense of humour, capable of gently making fun of himself and others in the same breath - well n00b or not, it sounds like the makings of a fine day at the crag to me.

GO

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook