RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

tribaltalon

Apr 16, 2007, 7:58 PM
Post #1 of 4 (516 views)
Shortcut

any climbing around Bethleham, Penn?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So i'm headed up the east coast this friday to go to a cousin's wedding. I'd really like to get a chance to climb a little bit, i climb every single weekend and hell it'd be kind of cool to climb somewhere different, even if the closest thing is an indoor gym. Doesnt really matter to me. I definitely need the closest thing, the family wont be too thrilled about me ducking out to go climb. :)

mushroomsamba

Apr 17, 2007, 9:01 AM
Post #2 of 4 (511 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tribaltalon] any climbing around Bethleham, Penn? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I wish I could join you but I'm busy this weekend.There is some great climbing around here, I live in newtown not to far away. If your looking for some sport or toproping, I strongly recomend ralph stover. if you want to boulder, haycock nmountain is also good.

both are polly about 30-40 min from where you live and you could find better infromation from new england bouldering.com

billgoat

Apr 19, 2007, 9:50 AM
Post #3 of 4 (492 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bethlehem area eh north summit climbing gym on 512 n. of bethlehem 30 min dr . then there is south mt. or what we call south mt. anyway on here you'll find bouldering rts. and what not their pretty close(10-20min away) to bethlehem I live 10 min north of it and am familiar w/the area oh yeah we're supposed to get some 70 d temps too Cool

(This post was edited by billgoat on Apr 19, 2007, 9:51 AM)

hell8o

Apr 19, 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #4 of 4 (488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,
There is climbing, it just depends on what you wanna do. There are two places with in 15 minutes from Bethleham 1. South Moutain 2. Emmaus Boulders. (They are both under Pa routes section N.East.) Both places arn't that great, but they do haves some really good problems. And South Moutain is a lil closer to Bethleham. If you wanna drive a little more check out 1. Stoney Ridge which is trad and top-roping it is also in N.eastern pa, or 2.Haycock "God's gift to PA boulders" this in in south eastern pa but is it about the same distance.
If i was at home id' offer to climb with you. Have fun.
Matt

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook