Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

alpinismo_flujo

Apr 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #1 of 90 (7762 views)
Shortcut

Official Clim-O Bashing Thread
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here it is - bash away. Now please only post HOT DEALS on the Hot Deals Thread.

Looking forward to some good, negative spray from all you Climb O matic haters.....

moditup

Apr 30, 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #2 of 90 (7731 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alpinismo_flujo] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Does anyone know if anyone has gotten the recently good deals on Clim-O? Starting from the dual Tiblocs to the set of Stoppers. If someone can say that they actually bought them and they came in, even if they were really late, that's gotta be worth something.

Considering the size of the rc.com flamer community, SOMEONE from here had to have swiped one. If not, then you can have at them.

EDIT: Oh and by participating in this thread we are probably being put on some Clim-O do-not-serve banned list or something.

(This post was edited by moditup on Apr 30, 2007, 11:33 AM)

sungam

Apr 30, 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #3 of 90 (7716 views)
Shortcut

Re: [moditup] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll do a quick summary from Hot Dealz:
"Oh my god, they are so full of bs, what a load of bs. everything is auto-soldout, it's obviously fake. bullshit. what a load of crap, that dude is so gay, i bet he's gay. I bet he never had any C4's, or harnesses. and there was only $1 shipping. bullshit. what a gay. I don't like them. I don't trust them. he's full of it. what a load of BS."

-Magnus

alpinismo_flujo

Apr 30, 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #4 of 90 (7677 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

LaughLaughLaugh

I was wondering what was up too. The Camalot deal was just impossible. What was it, like $55 for three Camalots and $5 shipping. No f'n chance that could happen...oh the Tiblocs..was it 2 for $9? No chance.

I would have bought a ton of them, but was "soldout" at 8am PST with no one listed as the first buyer of the day.

Simply impossible.

moose_droppings

Apr 30, 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #5 of 90 (7672 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bump, so now its in "my topics", so I can refer this thread easier to those that want to complain in the hot deals post.

Let me thank you for starting this thread. I was just about to stop reading the Hot Deals thread since everytime I looked at it from the front page it was just another "IMO" and not a hot deal I might be interested in.

Long live the Hot Deals thread.

alpinismo_flujo

Apr 30, 2007, 3:03 PM
Post #6 of 90 (7596 views)
Shortcut

Re: [moose_droppings] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just checked Clim O matic's site just to see if they acutually listed something that they would sell and I noticed that the "Bivy Hut" tab is gone. - It use to be for their store that sold all kinds of gear...

medicus

Apr 30, 2007, 4:03 PM
Post #7 of 90 (7545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I have put up pictures of my noticings from Clim-O, and I really don't know what to think anymore. They also refuse to approve my registering for their forums. I think they don't want things discussed because people will see how little they are actually offering.

I understand this got separated from the Hot New Deals thread... but I think it does pertain somewhat. Seriously, how do we even know if these are deals or not... much less Hot Deals?! Sly

Hopefully some resolution can come from this situation as I think they are full of crap right now... but if anyone will/can prove me otherwise, please go ahead and do so.

medicus

Apr 30, 2007, 4:06 PM
Post #8 of 90 (7537 views)
Shortcut

Re: [moditup] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

moditup wrote:
EDIT: Oh and by participating in this thread we are probably being put on some Clim-O do-not-serve banned list or something.

Lol, that is a risk I am willing to take. What exactly am I losing? I really hope someone will prove me wrong, but imaginary Tiblocs are just going to screw me over when I don't imaginatively go outside.

truello

Apr 30, 2007, 6:02 PM
Post #9 of 90 (7499 views)
Shortcut

Re: [medicus] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I registered for the forums a long time ago and now I can't see ANYTHING on them.

I think he removed them so that innocent customers won't see the bad reviews.

carabiner96

Apr 30, 2007, 6:14 PM
Post #10 of 90 (7486 views)
Shortcut

Re: [truello] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That site is sketchy. I'm thinking they put up false deals that begun sold out to make them look good.

phlyfisher

Apr 30, 2007, 6:21 PM
Post #11 of 90 (7476 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well if you really want to test the theory of starting sold out you should check when they post the new items. Most of the Woot-like sites have a time programed into the site to switch to the new product. If thats the case just see how long it takes to sell out. Or maybe he just has a sourcing problem and only obtains one or two of each product and sells out in the first minute or two.

Not trying to stick up for the site but if you're just upset that he posts fake deals and doesn't sell anything then who really cares. Don't look at his site. If you buy something and doesn't send it then there is something to be upset about.

Just my $.02

carabiner96

Apr 30, 2007, 6:26 PM
Post #12 of 90 (7466 views)
Shortcut

Re: [phlyfisher] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thats the thing, they do have a posted switch over time, 12 am est. BUT it's never changed over then....1:30 last night and it still hadn't changed.

quiteatingmysteak

Apr 30, 2007, 6:28 PM
Post #13 of 90 (7463 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/...n=1908820]Objection!

Partner macherry

Apr 30, 2007, 6:40 PM
Post #14 of 90 (7449 views)
Shortcut

Re: [quiteatingmysteak] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the whole hot deals should be run like steep and cheap. You can check back on sacattack.com. it shows you how many units were on sale, how many times they have appeared and how many units sold.

climbomatic seems like the shifty deals offered by some retailers where they have a so called big sale, but only have a few items on blowout so they can entice you into the store!!!1

drzaous

Apr 30, 2007, 7:37 PM
Post #15 of 90 (7414 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I might get flamed for this, but I think it has to be said:

Why do you all care? If it is such BS, then just don't go there anymore, and don't buy anything. Countless people have posted that they got screwed over, and now there's some junk about hoax deals. My question is: Why does it matter?? And no offense to anyone, but the steap and cheap type gear deal sites, are realllllyyy addictive, so I can see why people might get in a huff if the deal doesn't switch by exactly when it's supposed to switch, but really, it's a deal of the day site, are you really expecting incredible customer service or perfect consistency???

This is just my opinion, and I'm not trying to put anyone down, I just don't see why it matters if/why he put up fake deals, becaus eif it does bother you, then just don't shop there. I don't think there is some huge conspiracy going on here, it's probably just a guy who is having trouble in running his small-business.

carabiner96

Apr 30, 2007, 7:42 PM
Post #16 of 90 (7408 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drzaous] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I could accept that this is just some of the territory of deal a day sites, but I have never had a problem with woot, SAC, outdoor dailey, and i've used them plenty.

But what is the biggest problem is the attitude of the owner. He blows off his customers, has terrible customer service, and sometimes goes so far as to lie to customers.

Us bitching about it is more of sounding the warning to other potential dissappointed customers.

jakedatc

Apr 30, 2007, 7:44 PM
Post #17 of 90 (7403 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drzaous] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

that whole page is dead links and crap now.. Does the normal gear site work? i dont know what the address is.

he killed the deal a day.. killed the forums.. cant buy anything.. did he just give up?

medicus

Apr 30, 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #18 of 90 (7335 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mystery Gear is on there now... from a mystery website. It's also a mystery if you will get it or not. If anyone actually gets this, let me know how it turns out for you.

phlyfisher

Apr 30, 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #19 of 90 (7334 views)
Shortcut

Re: [medicus] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You can even buy it too.

medicus

Apr 30, 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #20 of 90 (7330 views)
Shortcut

Re: [phlyfisher] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh what the heck, I'll be the sacrifice, and go ahead and buy one. I'll let you guys know how that whole thing turns out. I give it an 90% chance that I will continue bashing even harder after this experience, but hey... for the better good of anyone who might read this... I'll sacrifice the $25.

m2j1s

May 1, 2007, 6:31 AM
Post #21 of 90 (7277 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Who has purchased the mystery gear pack? or the pack of crap for that matter... get anything good/was it worth it?

basilisk

May 1, 2007, 6:51 AM
Post #22 of 90 (7259 views)
Shortcut

Re: [m2j1s] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

m2j1s wrote:
Who has purchased the mystery gear pack? or the pack of crap for that matter... get anything good/was it worth it?

i bought the pack o crap back in february. got a belay device, cordelette, and some hemp salve. not bad for 14 bucks or so, but it wasn't one of the best packs. my roommate got a cordelette, a sticker, a belt, and a bolt with a hanger. this was by far the lamest of the packs that i'd heard about. both took a little over a month to reach us. but that's the old climbomatic, right?

that said, we both bought the mystery gear last week as well. the site said they would ship out of thursday. the roomie's shipped out friday (or at least they claim it did), no word on mine yet. i'll report back whenever it comes in

(This post was edited by basilisk on May 1, 2007, 7:22 AM)

vtrescuekid

May 1, 2007, 9:03 AM
Post #23 of 90 (7193 views)
Shortcut

Re: [basilisk] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion so I'm just throwing mine out there. I've probably ordered 10-12 things from the site and gotten all of them. Sometimes on time, sometimes 2 months later and I've always gotten a response when I emailed the company. It's a site I'll order from when I don't need the gear within the next two months. As far as the POC's, mine have always been worth what I paid. Granted I might not have needed the gear I got, but it's value was worth more than I paid. I ordered last week's Mystery Gear and today's as well so I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I haven't not receieved a package yet so hopefully the good luck continues.

justroberto

May 1, 2007, 9:54 AM
Post #24 of 90 (7136 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by justroberto [In reply to]
Report this Post

vtrescuekid

May 1, 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #25 of 90 (7123 views)
Shortcut

Re: [justroberto] Official Clim-O Bashing Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In regards to email replies, I've gotten a reply as quickly as a few hours later and as long as 4 days after sending the email, but I've always gotten a reply.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook