RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

takeme

May 2, 2007, 5:13 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1092 views)
Shortcut

Looking for partners in El Paso & New Mexico, esp. Sandias
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi everyone,

I just recently moved from Boulder, CO to El Paso TX. And I am looking for partners who live here or in New Mexico. I am especially interested in getting up to the Sandias at some point. I am interested in long routes in the 5.8-5.10 range there (I have never climbed there).

Most weeks though I will only have one day off and I am definitely interested in getting out in Southern New Mexico and west Texas as well, for day trips. I don't climb that much anymore but I should still be able to manage up to moderate 5.10 trad and sport.

Thanks! PM if interested (is better than email)

Charles

(This post was edited by takeme on May 2, 2007, 5:15 PM)

Justin678

May 5, 2007, 2:05 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1076 views)
Shortcut

Re: [takeme] Looking for partners in El Paso & New Mexico, esp. Sandias [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, you probably want to check out Box Canyon right by Soccoro, it you be about 2 hours closer than the Sandias and the routs there go from 5.7-5.12c I think, there is also restroom in the parking area (which is always a bonus) and there are lots of walls. The bad thing with the Sandias is that alot of the good routs require a good hour or more hike to get to them, unlike Box Canyon where the nearest wall is a 2-5 min walk from the parking area. Check it out and find out more by looking threw Central New Mexico in the routs section.

townsand

May 6, 2007, 2:07 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1064 views)
Shortcut

Re: [takeme] Looking for partners in El Paso & New Mexico, esp. Sandias [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Charles

I'm going to Hueco May 19th, bouldering, though, and looking for someone to climb with. I might have an extra reservation, too, if my wife doesn't go, and there's a good chance of that.
I'm not very high performance at all right now, as I haven't bouldered in many years, and re-started about 3 months ago, so I'm working my way back up.
I'd be willing to do some toprope stuff, probably up to 5.10.
I plan to go at least once a month for the forseeable future.
I'm gonna try to make it up to box canyon at least once this summer too.
There is another area between El Paso and Las Cruces also, I don't know if you know of it - Pena Blanca. There are a few routes there, but mostly bouldering I think.
Near Las Cruces, there are a few small areas as well.
In reply to:

(This post was edited by townsand on May 6, 2007, 2:12 AM)

rattracker

Jan 24, 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #4 of 4 (937 views)
Shortcut

Re: [townsand] Looking for partners in El Paso & New Mexico, esp. Sandias [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey townsand and takeme

I live in the El Paso area. been wanting to get into Bouldering and climbing got some gear. I am in need of a partner(s) to climb. I work allot so we will have to set up appointment, i usually get days in the middle of the week off (Tues, wed, thurs). Let me know if your interested.Smile

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook