Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

decorator_crab

May 17, 2007, 8:56 PM
Post #1 of 175 (15030 views)
Shortcut

n00bs--this is not a team sport
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Climbing is not a team sport.

It is an outlet for people who get grumpy in the presence of large groups.

When you show up to the crag with more than 4 people, it is RUDE. That's right. Just by being there with your group, you are being an ASSHOLE. Smile all you want, it makes no difference.

These group trips where you all laugh and have fun, they are not about climbing. They are about your stupid group, with a little climbing sideshow. The rest of us aren't interested in your toprope wanking, or the Bold Leader of your group who strings up topropes on those .10c's much to the joy and admiration of the rest of you.

Stop doing multipitches with more than two people. A party of three is lame enough, and a party with more that three... well, I don't even know what to say about that it is so stupid.

The only groups that roll so deep are nothing but the rankest beginners, who just seem to feed off each other's enthusiasm and ignorance. Look around next time. You won't see anyone who knows what they were doing in a big group.

Climbing is not a social sport. There should be two of you, and half the time you are separated by half a rope, and one of you is focused on climbing, the other on belaying.

I only bring this up because of a thread I read this morning about a pack of n00bs taking over all the climbs on a cliff. That is inexcusable. Fortunately it only happens at shitty crags.

If you want to have your group parties, either go to the gym or go to the beach and play volleyball. Your large climbing group is offensive to everyone else at the crag.

caughtinside

May 17, 2007, 9:01 PM
Post #2 of 175 (15017 views)
Shortcut

Re: [decorator_crab] n00bs--this is not a team sport [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Troll.

Like the_leech, but less artfully presented.

Partner taino

May 17, 2007, 9:02 PM
Post #3 of 175 (15016 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

decorator_crab wrote:

When you show up to the crag with more than 4 people, it is RUDE. That's right. Just by being there with your group, you are being an ASSHOLE. Smile all you want, it makes no difference.

These group trips where you all laugh and have fun, they are not about climbing. They are about your stupid group, with a little climbing sideshow. The rest of us aren't interested in your toprope wanking, or the Bold Leader of your group who strings up topropes on those .10c's much to the joy and admiration of the rest of you.

Stop doing multipitches with more than two people. A party of three is lame enough, and a party with more that three... well, I don't even know what to say about that it is so stupid.

The only groups that roll so deep are nothing but the rankest beginners, who just seem to feed off each other's enthusiasm and ignorance. Look around next time. You won't see anyone who knows what they were doing in a big group.

Climbing is not a social sport. There should be two of you, and half the time you are separated by half a rope, and one of you is focused on climbing, the other on belaying.

I only bring this up because of a thread I read this morning about a pack of n00bs taking over all the climbs on a cliff. That is inexcusable. Fortunately it only happens at shitty crags.

If you want to have your group parties, either go to the gym or go to the beach and play volleyball. Your large climbing group is offensive to everyone else at the crag.

Just in case.

T

majid_sabet

May 17, 2007, 9:02 PM
Post #4 of 175 (15016 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You are going to have a lot of angry boulder rats coming down to get you on this topic

Delete this post or get ready

climbsomething

May 17, 2007, 9:12 PM
Post #5 of 175 (14982 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] n00bs--this is not a team sport [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Troll.

Who made you the jury, judge and executioner? Pirate

trenchdigger

May 17, 2007, 9:23 PM
Post #6 of 175 (14955 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Troll.

Comparing this dude's to the_Leech's is like comparing a third grader's finger painting to a work by Van Gogh.

hanginaround

May 17, 2007, 9:32 PM
Post #7 of 175 (14925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

decorator_crab wrote:

These group trips where you all laugh and have fun,

You won't see anyone who knows what they were doing in a big group.

Climbing is not a social sport.

In reply to:

Sorry you have such a sad life Frown

decorator_crab

May 17, 2007, 9:37 PM
Post #8 of 175 (14911 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hanginaround] n00bs--this is not a team sport [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hanginaround wrote:
decorator_crab wrote:

These group trips where you all laugh and have fun,

You won't see anyone who knows what they were doing in a big group.

Climbing is not a social sport.

In reply to:

Sorry you have such a sad life Frown

Hey hanginaround--

Is this you?

Toproping a 45 degree slab? with gloves on? JACKASS!

But go ahead with your weak ass 'I lead 5.7 and am the one having the most fun' insults.

To you troll bitches. Whatever. I'm tired of seeing these groups monopolize crags with their BS. And if you think it doesn't move to real crags, you're wrong. These fools have started toproping the first pitches of classic multipitch climbs around here, en masse.

cadaverchris

May 17, 2007, 9:38 PM
Post #9 of 175 (14905 views)
Shortcut

Re: [trenchdigger] n00bs--this is not a team sport [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

trenchdigger wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Troll.

Comparing this dude's to the_Leech's is like comparing a third grader's finger painting to a work by Van Gogh.

someone please link the_leech's post...

crewdude

May 17, 2007, 9:55 PM
Post #10 of 175 (14868 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

decorator_crab wrote:

were you bullied or beaten as a child?

bigj8550

May 17, 2007, 9:56 PM
Post #11 of 175 (14863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey I am a noob you fucking troll! I go to the crags/ cliffs or whatever in a group to learn!! Learn from someone who knows how to climb! I see that all over these forums. So STFU you fuckin noob hater!Mad

decorator_crab

May 17, 2007, 9:57 PM
Post #12 of 175 (14861 views)
Shortcut

Re: [crewdude] n00bs--this is not a team sport [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

crewdude wrote:
decorator_crab wrote:

why don't you STFU and row, idiot from the land of no rock.

dingus

May 17, 2007, 9:58 PM
Post #13 of 175 (14859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Of course there are the very large kernals of truth corning the log roll of that steamer.

I thought it was pretty good myself.

DMT

slablizard

May 17, 2007, 9:59 PM
Post #14 of 175 (14856 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

decorator_crab wrote:

Just climb harder
complains are lame, go climb where there's nothing under 12a and see that there's MUCH less people
Amazing uh?Shocked

I'll take you to gold wall...if you can stand the fixed gear...lol

No really, nothing personal, but don't bring a big group eh?

decorator_crab

May 17, 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #15 of 175 (14823 views)
Shortcut

Re: [slablizard] n00bs--this is not a team sport [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

slablizard wrote:
decorator_crab wrote:

Just climb harder
complains are lame, go climb where there's nothing under 12a and see that there's MUCH less people
Amazing uh?Shocked

I'll take you to gold wall...if you can stand the fixed gear...lol

No really, nothing personal, but don't bring a big group eh?

Gold Wall? You're joking right? That places has become one of the worst weekend fuck shows you will ever see! Soft bay area n00bs on the right side and the exact same group of psuedo bay area hardmen on the right side, who have been working those same projects for 6 months. With lame fixed draws on gently overhanging rock, I might add.

I've climbed at the House (I can only assume that's what you're referring to) and it is a fine crag with no riff raff.

fluxus

May 17, 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #16 of 175 (14823 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Many years ago we used to say that climbing is the only team sport that matters.

the reasons should be obvious.

Climbing is a team sport, the OP is a punter, a troll, or both.

rock_pirate

May 17, 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #17 of 175 (14814 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

decorator_crab wrote:

A Noob writing shaking his fist at other noobs as if he was better. Your sense of climbing is no different then the 10 year old kids who show up to the basketball court to play, but its full of adults... So you stomp your feet and cry and yell how much better you are to your friends. It looks like someone takes getting out climbed by large groups personally and just gettings even more irritable that he doesn't have the time to try the route he failed again because all these "noobs" are flashing it in front of his eyes.

die troll

ja1484

May 17, 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #18 of 175 (14812 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmm. Sounds like someone's a bit bitter.

This reminds me of a lot of the rants people shot off back when sport climbing was just starting to get off the ground (no pun intended).

Now that climbing is becoming more mainstream, there is definitely more traffic at popular crags. While I do agree that new climbers shouldn't be out there en masse, it's a fact of life that's only going to get more prevalent.

Hope this rant gives you solace, because that's the only possible positive that could come out of it.

Now, if you want to do something constructive about the situation, you might want to start educating young'ns. Lest we forget, most of us climb on mostly public resources, and if people start killing themselves in large number, no matter how stupid or inexperienced they were, we're all going to have access issues.

And they aren't going to stop coming to crags. So you might want to give them some helpful tips if they're receptive. If they're not, then pray.

Oh, and nice troll, but maybe we can get a decent conversation going out of it.

uncasid

May 17, 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #19 of 175 (14809 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Get over it. Everyone enjoys this sport differently than you do. Quit bitching and start hiking to climbs, you will find less "noobs".

erisspirit

May 17, 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #20 of 175 (14805 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fluxus] n00bs--this is not a team sport [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bitter much?

crewdude

May 17, 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #21 of 175 (14790 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

decorator_crab wrote:
crewdude wrote:
decorator_crab wrote:

ooo... did I strike a nerve? it's ok to cry.... just let it out.... all the other groups of kids at the wall are taking all your space.... boo hoo....

c-dub

May 17, 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #22 of 175 (14781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i didn't realize that climbing wasn't a team sport. i believe that the necessary (unless soloing) partner required to climb creates a team of two. i guess there isn't much logic in this post though.

so why, if this phenomenon of large groups plaguing crags only happens at shitty crags, do you visit the same shitty crags? i know when i go to a shitty place to climb, i don't go back, due to its shittiness.

one more thing - what's RUDE is calling someone a jackass due to a photo they have on their profile and judging them cause they can only lead 5.7, when you don't post any info about yourself on your profile. too afraid some internet forum badass will make fun of you?

Climbin4Vs

May 17, 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #23 of 175 (14778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you're seeing a whole team of psychiatrist aren't you?

decorator_crab

May 17, 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #24 of 175 (14774 views)
Shortcut

Re: [crewdude] n00bs--this is not a team sport [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

crewdude wrote:
decorator_crab wrote:
crewdude wrote:
decorator_crab wrote:

ooo... did I strike a nerve? it's ok to cry.... just let it out.... all the other groups of kids at the wall are taking all your space.... boo hoo....

Hey dumbass. Calling it 'the wall' is a sure giveaway that you only climb plastic. naturally there is no way you'd understand what goes on at a real climbing area.

studclimber

May 17, 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #25 of 175 (14765 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go do alpine, and, what do you know, no noobs. Of course there's gonna be groups at popular crags, so go to a remote, difficult wall, and, like I said, no noobs.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook