RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

Rocknovice

May 29, 2007, 2:51 AM
Post #1 of 15 (3219 views)
Shortcut

My foot is peeling, WTF!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I had my hands peel earlier this month and now the bottom of my left foot is getting in on the action. I did a search and could not find anything on this site. Is this common due to climbing or do I have some sort of fetching foot fungus?

(This post was edited by Rocknovice on May 29, 2007, 3:06 AM)

anykineclimb

May 29, 2007, 3:00 AM
Post #2 of 15 (3202 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rocknovice] My foot is peeling, WTF! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Rocknovice wrote:
... or do I have some sort of fetching foot fungus?

yes

Rocknovice

May 29, 2007, 3:03 AM
Post #3 of 15 (3198 views)
Shortcut

Re: [anykineclimb] My foot is peeling, WTF! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

anykineclimb wrote:
Rocknovice wrote:
... or do I have some sort of fetching foot fungus?

yes

Really? Dammit!

zaphod777

May 29, 2007, 5:25 AM
Post #4 of 15 (3119 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

athletes foot? when i started my hands peeled a lot from building caleces. Try some fast actin tenactin on your feet.

jetpilot18

May 29, 2007, 5:25 AM
Post #5 of 15 (3117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Some of the best over the counter stuff to get would be maybe some Lamisil

It would more than likely take a couple weeks for it to go away. I wouldn't expect it to go away fast. If that does not do it for you, a quick Dr. visit and rx will help you get that all fixed up.

bent_gate

May 29, 2007, 6:50 AM
Post #6 of 15 (3092 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zaphod777] My foot is peeling, WTF! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

zaphod777 wrote:
....Try some fast actin tenactin on your feet.

I think you mean some Tough Actin’® Tinactin®

(Don't mess up their catch phrase or they will sue you! And especially since it doesn't act fast it would also be false advertising!)

I doubt you have Athlete's Foot. Are you sure it's not just an area that is rubbed a lot in your shoes, creating callusing and then peeling?

Just look up Athlete's Foot in Google Images.

Typical Athlete's Foot Picture - between toes - Yuck

Athlete's Foot Picture - bottom of feet - EXTRA Yuck

If your feet look like that, then it's athlete's foot. If your foot is as bad as the second picture, get to a doctor fast! Shocked (and don't bring your fungus into my gym!) Tongue

phang_nga

May 29, 2007, 8:10 AM
Post #7 of 15 (3076 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Both of my feet recently lost a bunch of skin too. I didn't do anything about it and it went away on its own. It started after a few days out climbing. It didn't hurt at any time. Are yours painful?

It didn't look anything like those nasty fungus pics provided above... luckily.

Rocknovice

May 29, 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #8 of 15 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Re: [phang_nga] My foot is peeling, WTF! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

phang_nga wrote:
Both of my feet recently lost a bunch of skin too. I didn't do anything about it and it went away on its own. It started after a few days out climbing. It didn't hurt at any time. Are yours painful?

It didn't look anything like those nasty fungus pics provided above... luckily.

If my feet looked like that, I would run to the MD as fast as possible. They don't hurt or itch and it seems mild compared to that scary picture. Two weeks ago, I climbed outside in 104 degree weather for 2 solid days. I had never climbed outside before and never for that long. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. If it does not go away on its own, I will treat it or cut my feet off if they ever look like that. Yikes!

mrvinch

May 30, 2007, 1:54 AM
Post #9 of 15 (2967 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rocknovice wrote:
I had my hands peel earlier this month and now the bottom of my left foot is getting in on the action.

I had a similar thing on my hands, at times several layers deep, seriously disgusting. It wasn't from climbing, I hadn't got into the sport back then. It turned out to be a diet deficiency of Zinc (and possibly a few other minerals). My advice would be to get into a Zinc vitamin tab and possibly a high dose Multi Mineral supplement for a few weeks. It took about 4-5 days and my hands cleared up totally.

hope this helps.

basilisk

May 31, 2007, 9:35 PM
Post #10 of 15 (2867 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bent_gate] My foot is peeling, WTF! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bent_gate wrote:
Just look up Athlete's Foot in Google Images.

Typical Athlete's Foot Picture - between toes - Yuck

Athlete's Foot Picture - bottom of feet - EXTRA Yuck

If your feet look like that, then it's athlete's foot. If your foot is as bad as the second picture, get to a doctor fast! Shocked (and don't bring your fungus into my gym!) Tongue

ha, thanks for posting this. i had no idea why my toes were losing skin. didn't even know what athlete's foot looked like before 2 minutes ago

LostinMaine

Jun 1, 2007, 1:14 PM
Post #11 of 15 (2826 views)
Shortcut

Re: [basilisk] My foot is peeling, WTF! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know if your feet are cracking from being too dry, or cycling between wet and dry... or something else. If it's the wet/dry cycle, you could try sprinkling some Gold Bond into your shoes. I do that to keep the stench at bay during the summer months.

tradrenn

Jun 3, 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #12 of 15 (2726 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had been experiencing similar staff but, i work in safety shoes for 10 - 12 hours per day and I think that might contribute to it.

I noticed that it is less of a problem for me when I'm wearing sandals in warmer months.

I'm also the user of Gold Bond and I like that cream a lot, especially for my hands, it works really well for me.

Perhaps you could try it for a week and see how things turns out.

fulton

Jun 4, 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #13 of 15 (2707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My feet used to peel alot! Especially when I was climbing in my teens, large pieces of skin would peel off after wearing shoes. It looked like my feet were snakes sheading their skin.
I don't know whether or not it was fungus related though. I've had shoes that got athlete's feet in them, and my peeling feet were never uncomfortable like that (athelete's foot)

Not because of peeling, but I now always wear socks with my climbing shoes. For one thing, I don't climb 5.12 (unless I'm at the Red), and I just don't think that climbing sans-socks is nessesary. Since I started wearing socks 1) I climb as hard as I ever did, 2) My shoes no longer stink 3) my shoes hold up better for resoling 4) my feet no longer peel.

I recommend you experiment with wearing socks in your climbing shoes. I think that if it weren't 'uncool', most of us would wear socks.

Rocknovice

Jun 4, 2007, 1:15 AM
Post #14 of 15 (2696 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fulton] My foot is peeling, WTF! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fulton wrote:
My feet used to peel alot! Especially when I was climbing in my teens, large pieces of skin would peel off after wearing shoes. It looked like my feet were snakes sheading their skin.
I don't know whether or not it was fungus related though. I've had shoes that got athlete's feet in them, and my peeling feet were never uncomfortable like that (athelete's foot)

Not because of peeling, but I now always wear socks with my climbing shoes. For one thing, I don't climb 5.12 (unless I'm at the Red), and I just don't think that climbing sans-socks is nessesary. Since I started wearing socks 1) I climb as hard as I ever did, 2) My shoes no longer stink 3) my shoes hold up better for resoling 4) my feet no longer peel.

I recommend you experiment with wearing socks in your climbing shoes. I think that if it weren't 'uncool', most of us would wear socks.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and suggestions. I still can't tell if it is sloughing skin or a fungus but I am hoping I am just losing some skin from wearing my shoes so much. So far, my shoes don't stink perceptibly.

Climbing has made me me such a hot chick-peeling hands and feet, bruises, scrapes and scabs . I am on the fence about the new bulging biceps and prominent veins in my arms. Add some ultra short fingernails for good measure and I am looking very feminine these days.

rocknice2

Jun 4, 2007, 3:45 AM
Post #15 of 15 (2672 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Climbing has made me me such a hot chick-peeling hands and feet, bruises, scrapes and scabs . I am on the fence about the new bulging biceps and prominent veins in my arms. Add some ultra short fingernails for good measure and I am looking very feminine these days.

New bulging biceps and prominent veins in my arms, short fingernails, peeling hands and feet, bruises, scrapes and scabs has made you an ultra hot climbing chick.

It's all a matter of how you express it.

(This post was edited by rocknice2 on Jun 4, 2007, 3:47 AM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook