Busted!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

rossyy007

Jun 22, 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #1 of 47 (11021 views)
Shortcut

Busted!  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Northeastern_Region: Pot_s_Falls)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So im sitting here looking at my $220 trespassing fine from Pots falls. Im wondering if it was all worth it, and i guess it wasnt but damn that was some cool climbing. i am also thinking about how much i HATE cops. they truly are the lowest pieces of shit on the planet. instead of busting meth labs or breaking up drug rings they would rather bust me and buddies for swimming in a damn creek. Final verdict, awesome climbing but very high risk. o and fuck all cops.

michaelmay513

Jun 22, 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #2 of 47 (10999 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rossyy007] Busted! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey dipshit if you wouldn't break the law you wouldn't need to hate cops!!

krosbakken

Post #3 of 47 (10999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rossyy007 wrote:
So im sitting here looking at my $220 trespassing fine from Pots falls. Im wondering if it was all worth it, and i guess it wasnt but damn that was some cool climbing. i am also thinking about how much i HATE cops. they truly are the lowest pieces of shit on the planet. instead of busting meth labs or breaking up drug rings they would rather bust me and buddies for swimming in a damn creek. Final verdict, awesome climbing but very high risk. o and fuck all cops.

So did you get the ticket because of swimming, climbing, or just being on the property?

tradrenn

Post #4 of 47 (10999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rossyy007 wrote:

Quoted for preservation.

Sounds like you guys deserved it.

Make your buddies chip in. Can't be that bad.

sbaclimber

Jun 22, 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #5 of 47 (10975 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

From the Access Issues description for Pots Falls:
In reply to:
just use your head and you should be able to stay out of trouble.

That says it all...Laugh

gerrybo

Jun 23, 2007, 12:05 AM
Post #6 of 47 (10943 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have been swimming in that hole for years and never had any troubles. Were you drinking?

live2climb

Jun 23, 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #7 of 47 (10935 views)
Shortcut

Re: [michaelmay513] Busted! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

what a fag!
and yeah
FUCK COPS!!!
I say keep going just fucking run next time of swim away you think a fat fucking cop is going to chase you
i doubt it

climbsomething

Jun 23, 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #8 of 47 (10917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Score one for Pennsylvania.

I really don't feel sorry for you and would rather eat jelly donuts with a "piece of shit" cop than bump into you at the toprope choss.

majid_sabet

Jun 23, 2007, 12:57 AM
Post #9 of 47 (10885 views)
Shortcut

Re: [live2climb] Busted! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

live2climb wrote:
what a fag!
and yeah
FUCK COPS!!!
I say keep going just fucking run next time of swim away you think a fat fucking cop is going to chase you
i doubt it

ohh they are not going to swim but surley use the radio to bust your as8 up 2 miles down with a hilo then you got 1 pissed off cop to deal with plus they love people who run.

bent_gate

Jun 23, 2007, 1:09 AM
Post #10 of 47 (10870 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gerrybo] Busted! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gerrybo wrote:
I have been swimming in that hole for years and never had any troubles. Were you drinking?

Cops love to bust people with their shirts off. (ever watch 'Cops'?) Wink

dreday3000

Jun 23, 2007, 2:53 AM
Post #11 of 47 (10787 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I feel for you Rossyy007. And damn if there aren't some hateful bastards on this site. you'd figure you'd get a little more solidarity from the climbing community.

Used to be a beuatiful swimming hole just outside of DC, old sycamore grew out over the water, great rope swing. Park Police shut it down cause they didn't want kids swimming in the potamac.

Summersville is going bust. What next.

Park Police and over zealous traffic cops are turning me into a libretarian.

quiteatingmysteak

Jun 23, 2007, 3:57 AM
Post #12 of 47 (10723 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dreday3000] Busted! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

this thread delivers.

iwasasportweenie

Jun 23, 2007, 4:27 AM
Post #13 of 47 (10705 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yo cops freak me out too, even though I'm not doing anything wrong. Cause maybe I am, but without knowing it.

If you've got some hate, though, why not direct it at the peeps who decided it was OK to fine someone $220 for swimming in a creek? Probably the same people who decided that not paying $3 for parking at a Forest Service "recreation area" should be punishable by a $6000 fine and 6 months or more in prison. Forget the street thugs, thieves, murderers, racketeers, and arsonists. What's really wrong with our society today is creek swimmers and delinquent parkers. It's good to know that our lawmakers have their priorities straight.

I mean, yeah, the $220 sucks, but your friend the cop was just doing his job.

iwasasportweenie

Jun 23, 2007, 4:30 AM
Post #14 of 47 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And I'm telling you this as someone who just got a ticket for "illegal passing on the right" when I went around someone who was making a left turn from some podunk policeman who no doubt just watched like 10 people drive by doing 60 in a 30. Sure, they were speeding. Sure, speeding is dangerous, but apparently not as dangerous as some kids who weren't watching that right wheel to make sure it didn't cross into the 20-foot-wide breakdown lane. I feel so secure knowing that the real lawbreakers, like myself, are being called to account.

acarp

Jun 25, 2007, 8:20 PM
Post #15 of 47 (10571 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to swim there quite a while ago. Once I heard that cops started enforcing trespassing up there, I decided it just wasn't worth it. Stupid law/cop is irrelevant, it's illegal.

I don't understand how someone could say that cops "are the lowest pieces of shit on the planet." They don't get enough credit for what they do. Quit your whining because you got busted for doing something illegal.

blakegt

Jun 25, 2007, 8:51 PM
Post #16 of 47 (10512 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acarp] Busted! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been riding trick bikes since high school and because of that I've had a lot of experience with cops in situations like this. The best thing to do is be polite, and act dumb. "I'm sorry sir I didn't know I was doing anything wrong" will get you off 90% of the time. Occasionally you will get an asshole or somebody that's having a bad day, but that's the risk you run. If you know your doing something illegal you really can't complain when you get caught. Oh, and I have on occasion ran from the cops. If you can disappear within a minute or two, you can get away, but if they catch you your screwed. It's generally not a good idea.

knieveltech

Jun 25, 2007, 9:17 PM
Post #17 of 47 (10457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dreday3000 wrote:
I feel for you Rossyy007. And damn if there aren't some hateful bastards on this site. you'd figure you'd get a little more solidarity from the climbing community.

Used to be a beuatiful swimming hole just outside of DC, old sycamore grew out over the water, great rope swing. Park Police shut it down cause they didn't want kids swimming in the potamac.

Summersville is going bust. What next.

Park Police and over zealous traffic cops are turning me into a libretarian.

Like keeping people out of the Potomac is really such a bad thing. Pfft. I think I'd rather take a dip at the local wastewater treatment plant. That way at least you know what you're swimming in. :P

diophantus

Jun 25, 2007, 9:25 PM
Post #18 of 47 (10441 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rossyy007 wrote:

Stop whining. Where I'm from it's a $1000 fine for trespassing, if the land owner doesn't shoot you.

dreday3000

Jun 25, 2007, 9:41 PM
Post #19 of 47 (10407 views)
Shortcut

Re: [knieveltech] Busted! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No way man, that summinghole was a godsend. And surprisingly enough, that area is pretty clean too (upstream from all the bullshit)
In reply to:

duckbuster_13

Jun 25, 2007, 9:45 PM
Post #20 of 47 (10396 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rossyy007 wrote:

1) I agree with everyone else that says to stfu about cops being pieces of shit. I agree that the kind of power they wield is bound to be abused at some point and that it's our jobs as citizens to keep that power in check, but spewing defamation just justifies their actions ( in their minds) as necessary to suppress your hostile behavior. Be civil and work within the system and you'll get a lot further.

2) Why not get some testicular fortitude and see if you can make it a civil disobedience case. I have NO idea what area you're talking about and what the circumstances are, but if it's got legitimate recreational value and is in any way public land... you've got a leg to stand on in at least trying to open it up for yourself and others.

But if it's private and you knew you shouldn't be there... then stop whining.

For clarification sake I'll reiterate: I'm completely ignorant about the area you were in and what history of use "if any" it has.

If you take up the fight to open/re-open it... then I wish you luck and keep us posted.

dingus

Jun 25, 2007, 9:49 PM
Post #21 of 47 (10387 views)
Shortcut

Re: [duckbuster_13] Busted! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread is SO east coast!

DMT

rsmillbern

Jun 25, 2007, 9:57 PM
Post #22 of 47 (10371 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if you can't do the time (or pay the fine)...

there are good cops and bad cops, "good" people and bad. if the access restrictions are bogus, fight them (I don't know the area or issues). When you get busted for doing something that I know is wrong you just gotta roll with it, does not matter if you agree or not.

tradmanclimbs

Jun 26, 2007, 3:05 PM
Post #23 of 47 (10259 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rsmillbern] Busted! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Cops earn their bad rap. there are good cops out there but they should police their own or be content with ahole status. When cops shave their heads and act like tough gyus, lose their tempers and yell at kids for being kids they create another generation that does not respect them. they want respect they should try solveing some real crimes. I have my rack stolen, $1,000 felony and the cop tells you to get used to it we can't do anything about it, they break into my car last winter and stole our money, cops could care less. Just about a negative effort on that one yet i get treated like an ax murderer for haveing a headlight out that i plan to fix today WTF?????

Partner jammer

Jun 26, 2007, 3:20 PM
Post #24 of 47 (10244 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tradmanclimbs] Busted! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We all have stories of when a cop goes bad, but if there is a sign that says no trespassing, and you trespass, you earned the ticket.

Other then that, I agree with most of these posts. Allow me to suggest that when this happens again, tell them of all the drug dealers, bank robbers, kidnappers, and rapist you know and he'll most likely let you off with a warning ... Unsure

reg

Jun 26, 2007, 3:38 PM
Post #25 of 47 (10212 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dreday3000 wrote:
No way man, that summinghole was a godsend. And surprisingly enough, that area is pretty clean too (upstream from all the bullshit)
In reply to:

apparently not (emphsis mine)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook