Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Great gym
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

climbingchick

Sep 29, 2002, 6:41 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1445 views)
Shortcut

Great gym  (North_America: United_States: New_Jersey: Northern_rt_80_and_up: New_Jersey_Rock_Gym)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The New Jersey Rock Gym is a great gym, i go there often. Very friendly people and great facility. A+ rating.

ryanwms

Feb 28, 2006, 5:55 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1445 views)
Shortcut

Review of NJRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have to whole-heartedly agree. We stumbled upon NJRG, sort of on a whim. It was a Saturday. We had the whole day free, and wanted to climb, so we chose to go somewhere new and different. I found a gym listed in south Jersey, and got the names confused, and we ended up driving from West Chester, PA (outside of Philly), up to NJRG - about 2 hours and 15 minutes in the car.
My girlfriend & climbing partner thought I was nuts at driving up there, but when we got inside and took to the walls, we were blown away. The space seems so small, when compared to places like Go Vertical (in Philly), but the walls are built really well. The place as absolutely PACKED when we got there, but we were never without a comfortable space to climb without being interrupted by someone, or having our space on the wall taken over.
Prices were decent, Pro Shop was pretty cool, and the staff was AMAZING.
We're looking forward to finding a reason to go back - probably for the Gravity Brawl this year (on my birthday!)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook