Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Parking lot wall.. random approach trails
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jakedatc

Aug 4, 2007, 3:11 AM
Post #1 of 1 (863 views)
Shortcut

Parking lot wall.. random approach trails  (North_America: United_States: New_Hampshire: Grafton_County: Rumney)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

mark Sprague posted this over at NEB but it should hit a larger route climber base here (http://www.newenglandbouldering.com/...x.php?showtopic=5197)
In reply to:
I don't usually climb at the Breakfast Wall at Rumney, but I walked up there the other day. The place is trashed. Would people kindly stick to the trails when moving to and from there and not run willy nilly all over the place. The same goes for other crags. People spent a lot of hours building stone steps to make a hardened way up there, but now there are goat paths running all over the place and everything is trampled to s**t. Now we are going to have to put up a bunch of ropes to fence areas off to protect them. I like most climbers, but there are about 10% who I wish would go drown themselves. Use your heads people, and if you bring groups of kids, supervise them and teach them not to kill themselves or trash the area by running all over the place.

I was there the other day and will be back this weekend.. It looks like shit up there. There are like 4 extra trails plowing through plants and dirt going AROUND solid, sturdy rock step trails that people put tons of time into building to keep the erosion and impact to a minimal.
I'm sure there are other spots around with similar issues.. it has to stop.

Please, please stay on the main rocky trails between the upper and lower parts and from the parking lot up to the wall. The big ass stone stair case is there for a reason.. it's EASIER to walk on there.

(This post was edited by jakedatc on Aug 4, 2007, 3:15 AM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook