Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Indoor Gyms:
Setting in the gym, as a female...Part 2!!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

EGrant

Aug 10, 2007, 2:42 AM
Post #1 of 2 (819 views)
Shortcut

Setting in the gym, as a female...Part 2!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

UPDATE! Thank you all for your recommendations. So heres what I did. Determined to prove myself, I came in to work tonight and set a problem that is above my skill level, but has the technique that I have. A brief description...a quick traverse on a bunch of small crimps and tiny lips, with one foot for the traverse, the rest are hand foot matches, mostly heel hooks. Then, with balance, more hand foot matches to stand up and top out. I was super happy, especially to see my guy friends who are climbing V7's were struggling. I am happy with it and it will be my project and I hope others. We have yet to rate it, but we are thinking maybe a V5. So thanks again for all the support. And I hope that this shuts some people up.

P.S. In our gym, we don't name the boulder problems. We simply just put a piece of tape by the start with the grade and the initials of the person who set the problem. My initials are G.I.R.L.

flint

Aug 10, 2007, 2:48 AM
Post #2 of 2 (813 views)
Shortcut

Re: [EGrant] Setting in the gym, as a female...Part 2!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Like I said, sandbag that V5 to a V3 and next time the best looking (hardest climbing) guy gives you shit, ask him out for some beers.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook