Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
anyone know of trails or camp sites at devil's lake on the south bluff
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

spottedgecko

Aug 17, 2007, 7:04 PM
Post #1 of 5 (3202 views)
Shortcut

anyone know of trails or camp sites at devil's lake on the south bluff  (North_America: United_States: Wisconsin: Devil_s_Lake)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

does anyone know of any trails or camp sites at devil's lake on the south bluff it so please let me know i really don't want to have to bush wake the whole way up thanks

reg

Aug 17, 2007, 7:23 PM
Post #2 of 5 (3188 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spottedgecko] anyone know of trails or camp sites at devil's lake on the south bluff [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.devilslakewisconsin.com/trailmap.html
and
http://climbingcentral.com/...lake/devilslake.html
i know what ur lookin for - sorry i can't help

spottedgecko

Aug 17, 2007, 7:55 PM
Post #3 of 5 (3174 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reg] anyone know of trails or camp sites at devil's lake on the south bluff [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i have all ready looked at that stuff already and it's not what i was looking for the reason why is that there are on official trails it's all bush wracking and if there is a better way up it would be nice to know of them thank you for trying to help

(This post was edited by spottedgecko on Aug 17, 2007, 8:01 PM)

Getout13

Aug 20, 2007, 2:19 PM
Post #4 of 5 (3141 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spottedgecko] anyone know of trails or camp sites at devil's lake on the south bluff [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We always take the CCC trail up to the south bluff, its steep, but clean. If your on the road that runs along the south shore of the lake, there will be a parking lot about a mile east of the park entrance, right after the group camping sites. The parking lot will be on the south side of the road, and the trail head is directly across the street, on the north side. Hope thats what your looking for. The only state park camp sites on the south shore are group sites, and are ususally full. There's a camp site called merry mac campgrounds in merrimac, and its only about 5 mins by car from the south shore.

potreroed

Aug 20, 2007, 6:15 PM
Post #5 of 5 (3110 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The bushwack up to the South Bluffs really isn't that bad. There is a good trail to some of the best bouldering at DL which is on the South Bluff further west where you could also get away with coyote camping as long as you don't leave a vehicle in the parking lot. pm me if you want to know how to find that trail.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook