RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

dinosora

Oct 10, 2002, 1:41 PM
Post #1 of 10 (2661 views)
Shortcut

climbin in korea
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi... i just got to korea a week ago and I NEED TO CLIMB!!! i haven't been climbing long, but i'm addicted so anyone willing to hit a gym or some rock would be much appreciated. i'll be here for a year and i definitely won't make it if i don't get some climbing in. i called/visited a few gyms here my second day but was turned down with the lack of a partner. so an email would be much obliged.

amureen

Oct 11, 2002, 2:55 PM
Post #2 of 10 (2661 views)
Shortcut

climbin in korea [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i just got to korea a week ago
Where is Korea?
Is it Nakronratchasima?
I am a climber who bron in Nakronratchasima.But I am in Bankok now.

rocknpowda

Oct 11, 2002, 3:07 PM
Post #3 of 10 (2661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My friend "Dirtbag" is a climber who lives on Jeju Island. If you ever go over there, he may want to hook up and climb. However, I don't know if there is actually any climbing on the island-you may want to find out before planning a climbing trip there.

dirtbag

Oct 12, 2002, 1:18 AM
Post #4 of 10 (2661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No established climbing on Jeju island but there is some really good stuff right outside seoul and Pusan. I haven't been able to get specific beta on anything, but it sounds like good ice during the winter and solid granite sport and trad during the summer,fall,spring. If you have a rack with you head on down to Jeju - I have a line I've been spying.

bvoborsky

Oct 24, 2002, 4:05 AM
Post #5 of 10 (2661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey I'm a climber living in Daegu, heaps of climbing around here and in Seoul. My local crag is 20 minutes from my place, it's nothing to impressive but it's not bad. But there is heaps of climbing in Korea, you just have to find it. I would recommend looking asking at the local rock gym, climbing club, or outdoors store. I know the language barrier can be a problem but if you show up with your gear and a map you will be helped. you can email me at bvoborsky@hotmail.com

simona

Jun 4, 2003, 2:28 PM
Post #6 of 10 (2661 views)
Shortcut

... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

spang

Jul 27, 2003, 12:38 PM
Post #7 of 10 (2661 views)
Shortcut

climbing in korea [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, I've been in Korea for a couple of months now but haven't had much time to do any climbing. I'm up at Camp Casey (Tongduchon) but will be down around Seoul for most of August (for UFL) and will hit as many climbing spots as possible. If anybody is looking for a climbing partner please send me a msg or give me a call at 016-660-8907.

-Scott

krispywawa

Jul 27, 2003, 2:06 PM
Post #8 of 10 (2661 views)
Shortcut

i know your pain! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey! i'm here too and i know what you mean! i've been here about 4 weeks now and i've totally just gotten back into the groove... been hittin the gym and this weekend finally on the rock it was amazing

where are you in korea is the problem... i'm in Daegu

my number is 016-656-7863 and my name is Kristi... i'm from canada

gimme a shout! we'll converse, maybe take a trip together and hit some big walls!

trad_rock

Aug 3, 2003, 5:54 AM
Post #9 of 10 (2661 views)
Shortcut

just got to korea [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What's up?
I just got to Korea after traveling in Thailand for a month and I am itching to get back on the rock. I need info as well as partners and I would like going to a gym a few days a week to get back in shape.
I will be here untill the 20th of August and I will be staying in Incheon and Seoul. I dont have a mobile phone but you can reach me at Vertigo814 at aol.com and I try to check my mail regularly.
Thanks,
Jason

yayapapaya

Aug 17, 2003, 3:48 PM
Post #10 of 10 (2661 views)
Shortcut

Re: just got to korea [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hi simona! great to hear from you! i met you in korea, seoul. there are a lot of places to climb apparently in seoul, however you require the service of a good korean speaking friend. The gym manager in The Art Climbing gym is a nice chap but he speaks little english. Argh!!! most people don't speak english, though they can read and write. you may have better luck with other languages like German, Russian and French, Japanese.

I actually had to use my smattering of German to get my message across when i talked to the gym manager.

For natural climbing go to Bukhansan, at Dobongsan station. It is a haven for boudering... lotsa huge granite boulders. They are even slab climbing up one of the peaks around a 45 minute hike up. I went to the other peak, junbong, and failed to see climbers in action. along the way up i did see some chalk marks on the boulders and some bolts on the face slabs.

have fun! i love korea.

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook