RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

ennui

Oct 8, 2007, 2:30 PM
Post #1 of 4 (605 views)
Shortcut

Weird Back Issues
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello all,

This is definitely more trivial than most of the posts in this section, but maybe somebody else out there has been experiencing similar things.

I've been climbing for about 2 years, about 2-3 times/week, and just recently (w/in last month or so) when i wake up in the morning I've been having this weird soreness. It usually goes away w/in an hour or so, but while its there it is kind of debilitating. It feels like its the muscles that go out laterally from underneath the shoulder blades, and it inhibits deep breathing a bit.
I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, and if it is caused by exercise, it doesn't seem to take much for me to get it the next morning.

Anyway, if anyone has insights into general causes for wierd sorenesses, perhaps non-exercise induced, I'd love to hear from you.

flowin

Oct 12, 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #2 of 4 (542 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ennui] Weird Back Issues [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

could be a muscle adhesion. I had one once, go get a massage and tell them to work that area, it will loosen it up and give it a couple days to heal, dont climb. gl

shockabuku

Oct 13, 2007, 4:39 AM
Post #3 of 4 (524 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Consider a chiropractor. I get some strange muscle tightness in my back and chest caused by ribs/vertebrae being out of whack. The chiropractor seems to bang 'em right back into place and the tension is relieved almost instantly.

I injured my shoulder weight lifting once and had pretty severe and chronic trouble in that same area. I was on muscle relaxers for quite a while. Finally I broke down and saw a chiropractor and in 30 minutes they did more for me than my family practitioner, two orthopedic surgeons, and physical therapy put together.

(This post was edited by shockabuku on Oct 13, 2007, 4:41 AM)

rmsusa

Oct 15, 2007, 5:07 PM
Post #4 of 4 (474 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had something very similar to what you're describing. It turned out to be a tumor. Go to a real doctor.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook