Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Thailand
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

rockclimber616

Oct 11, 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1877 views)
Shortcut

Thailand  (Asia: Thailand: Bangkok_and_Central_Provinces)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am wanting to take a rip to Thailand and be there for some time. That can get expensive for a college student I was wondering if there is any camping preferably free sites also if there is anything else that I can do to save up on some cash, please let me know. Thanks

klymir

Oct 21, 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1830 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockclimber616] Thailand [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

right on man, wish i knew the answers to your questions as i am going to thailand in about a weeks time and am also trying to make my money last. lets hope we get some answers soon!Smile

caughtinside

Oct 21, 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1825 views)
Shortcut

Re: [klymir] Thailand [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you can camp, but it isn't that pleasant since you're in a sweaty jungle, and bungalows are cheap.

My last trip there, my flight cost $1200 (bought 11 days ahead of time) and I probably spent another $750 on two in country flights and everything else. So, $2000 for a 3 week trip. Not too bad, considering how expensive the plane flight was.

Something you might try is travelling off season. Prices for everything from flights to lodging is cheaper. I was in thailand in august my first trip there and it wasn't that rainy, depite being the rainy season.

getsomeethics

Oct 21, 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1819 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i have not been there since '96 so i suspect prices have gone up, but the number of places to stay has no doubt doubled along with it. which means competition, which means you can negotiate anything.

i payed for my bungalow a month at a time and got a deal.

thailand is still dirt cheap compared to most beach climbing destinations!! all except for the flight.

and i would also agree that camping in 80+ temps with matching humidity is never fun, nor cooking with a camp stove when food is so cheap and good.

have fun.

thailandgecko

Oct 30, 2007, 3:12 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1760 views)
Shortcut

Re: [getsomeethics] Thailand [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When you come to Thailand, it's really the flight that's bad. You can find bungalows for $15 a night and pay just a couple bucks for a great meal with a beer. The travel forum at the thaivisa.com website can be useful to find places http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=c27dd0fb0ada40fed867135b66551d6c&showforum=90 For guided climbing trips check out www.geckoextreme.com offering trips to Ko Phi Phi, Krabi, and Phrang Nga Bay. Guides take you out with there own gear, transport you to/from your place of stay. No hassle, cheap price, and you see some of the best climbing Thailand has to offer.

rickeden

Nov 21, 2007, 4:00 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1675 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sorry I've just seen your post. It all depends on what time of year you come? Low season is May till November. Then its High season December till March. Then its Mid-season March till May. The high season prices in Rai Ley are crazy during the high season. If you went to climb in Chiang Mai during the high season then you could get a room for a few hundread baht per night (33 baht to the US$). For more information check out www.simonfoley.com/climbing

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook