Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Anticipated "Carolina Rock" by Earthbound..
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

MikeSaint

Nov 19, 2007, 1:53 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1335 views)
Shortcut

Anticipated "Carolina Rock" by Earthbound..  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This may or may not have been discussed.

Many folks are anticipating the release of Carolina Rock by Earthbound. Climbers Guide to North Carolina is difficult to obtain at a reasonable price as it is out of production. The majority of people I know read from Selected Climbs of North Carolina.

After browsing through the search I noticed many anticipate Carolina Rock to be released this fall. I sent Earthbound Press an email inquiring about the release,

In reply to:
Unfortunately, we are not. Our author has abandoned the project.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone has been wondering when/ if the release was.

If this was discussed a while back and is old news, I apologize.

-MSaint

saxfiend

Nov 19, 2007, 3:05 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1314 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MikeSaint] Anticipated "Carolina Rock" by Earthbound.. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Not so much "old news" as "no surprise." It's been pretty clear for a while now that this was never going to happen. It's really too bad; a comprehensive NC guide would have been a good thing to have.

The good news is that Shull and Lambert (or is it Lambert and Shull?) are coming out with a second edition of the Selected guidebook. This is supposed to be adding some new areas, including Laurel Knob. I'll see if I can find out an ETA on publication.

I've also heard there may be plans to do a new printing of the Kelley book, but that be nothing but rumor.

JL

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook