RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

stymingersfink

Nov 21, 2007, 2:50 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1119 views)
Shortcut

Quote attributions in highly quoted (really, any) threads:
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Perhaps we would appreciate the quote attribution near the beginning of the attributed text? It makes it much easier to follow an ongoing conversation.

WTF do I mean? Well, try following this conversation without scrolling back up to the quote-box header...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...1;page=unread#unread

Couldn't do it, could ya?

So are you kinda pickin up what I'm throwin down, or do I need to explain a bit more?

<aside> I just noticed I am not able to apply formatting tags to the forum subject header. Let's say I wanted to italicize a word... how would I do that?

</aside>

Get... up... ON IT!

ddt

Nov 21, 2007, 6:27 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1103 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] Quote attributions in highly quoted (really, any) threads: [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
So are you kinda pickin up what I'm throwin down, or do I need to explain a bit more?

The solution here is to use the quoting system more sensibly. There is absolutely no reason to quote the entire thread of messages with every new message. Quote the specific message(s) or phrases you're replying to if you must, and there won't be any issues.

In reply to:
I just noticed I am not able to apply formatting tags to the forum subject header. Let's say I wanted to italicize a word... how would I do that?

There's no formatting in the subject headers. We want to keep the forum index pages neat and tidy.

DDT

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook