Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Heading to Marble in Northern CA
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

rock_junkie

Nov 26, 2007, 9:52 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1089 views)
Shortcut

Heading to Marble in Northern CA  (North_America: United_States: California: Northern_California: Marble_Caves)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anyone have any beta on this area or any hard limestone in the area. I've looked at the various climbing sites and found nada.

roughster

Nov 27, 2007, 6:56 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1067 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rock_junkie] Heading to Marble in Northern CA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Depends on what you want to know? Last I was there, it was a even mix of RBs versus fixed gear (aka bolts). But I haven't been there in years.

Your best bet is to go to Northern Mtn Supply in Eureka or call them and order Eric's topos if they are available. If not, time to hit the store up and hang out for a bit chit chatting with the staff. You'll get hooked up if you're cool about it.

http://www.northernmountain.com/
707-445-1711

I always preferred Natural Bridges (access issues) or Trinity Aretes. There is a ton of hard climbing at both. Cecillville is the BOMB but it is a nasty drive out there.

The reality of it is though, all places up north are in less than their "prime" season. Not saying you won't find stuff climbable, but it will dodgey at best considering the season and weather patterns.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook