Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner angry

Dec 12, 2007, 9:37 AM
Post #26 of 40 (759 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kfc6936] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kfc6936 wrote:
some one told me to use the same product that base ball payers use to dry out there hands i believe its called like reisen or something of that nature. also its makes your fingers less mucky like when you use chalk

Rosin, also known as puf should only be used on crags that have a long history of puf use (and are already completely effed up as a result). This isn't an option really, it leaves a slick nasty residue on the rock.

To the OP, it's clear why you posted this on the internet. Any sales clerk in his right mind would have punched you in the mouth with an attitude like yours.

kfc6936

Dec 12, 2007, 9:42 AM
Post #27 of 40 (756 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey man i was just repeting what someone told i dont personly use the stuff and just use chalk and why would a sales clerk punch me in the mouth

granite_grrl

Dec 12, 2007, 9:46 AM
Post #28 of 40 (749 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scm007] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scm007 wrote:
I asked here because I figured you would if the products stocked at brand name stores are any good. Some noob at REI would probably direct me to Old Spice. You can't trust what people say at those stores, so I asked here. Thanks for the last 3 comments, very helpful.

Well...have you tried it? And where's the logic in hoping that joe blow off the internet is any less of a noob than joe blow at REI?

Fact of the matter is that you're asking for stuff avalible locally, and you don't even have your location in your profile. You get upset at people putting little jokes in their replies and you blow up at them and completly derailing your own thread. Hell, look at me! The only reason I'm posting is to tell you to STFU n00b.

You brought it upon yourself.

anykineclimb

Dec 12, 2007, 9:53 AM
Post #29 of 40 (745 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just go to your local Wally World and buy some Right Guard spray. Its an antipersperant ya know...

squarf

Dec 12, 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #30 of 40 (736 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

O.K. come on people, let's show some maturity, on both sides of this attacking type thread. To start, scm007, when you are asking for help, you don't start attacking those who can help you. Some people like making jokes, even when you are asking a serious question, it happens. Just wait for more replies, (some that would actually be helpful).

For most everyone else attacking this person, give the person a break! You have all read plenty of threads on this website which stray FAR from the original topic. You have also read plenty of threads where they attack the person for asking a question. My guess is that this person is feeling quite frustrated by this type of prevalent behavior. Give scm007 a break, we all get frustrated sometimes.

And people, enough with telling a person to use a search engine (whether it be on the forums or not). There is a TON of information out there and it could take a lot of time and experimentation to get it right. They just want some help without spending 5 hours trying to find something that fits their needs. Sometimes we don't have that kind of time nor the experience to make the correct decision.

texasclimber

Dec 12, 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #31 of 40 (728 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lokie] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lokie wrote:
CertainDri

I use CertainDri on my armpits (where intended), but I bet it would work for hands. If you hate sweaty pits, this stuff rocks. Problem you will run into with it is that it needs to be put on the night before and try not to touch anything while it is drying. Tell me how it goes!

cavanaghrock

Dec 13, 2007, 6:59 AM
Post #32 of 40 (673 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh, and since you're going to be at the drug store anyway, you might want to ask if they have some Midol . . . you know, for your raging PMS . . . vag

maldaly

Dec 13, 2007, 7:54 AM
Post #33 of 40 (653 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Tite Grip is available at many tennis, golf and motorcycle stores as well as a few climbing shops. It works well for a pitch. The Metolius chalk is good but some people don't like the chemical they put in it...Aluminum something. Flashed makes chalk with menthol in it. It keeps you hands dry but, since it makes your eyes water when it get in, it's only available in chalk ball format.

Want something that's available everywhere, super cheap and you can even find it at convenience stores?

Rubbing alcohol.

Wash your hand with it right before climbing. Let dry thoroughly then chalk up as usual and go climb. It works as well as anything out there.

WARNING: Any of these liquids (Tite Grip, alcohol) will trash your hands if you don't use a lot of hand lotion when you're done climbing.

Partner macherry

Dec 13, 2007, 7:59 AM
Post #34 of 40 (648 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cavanaghrock] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cavanaghrock wrote:
oh, and since you're going to be at the drug store anyway, you might want to ask if they have some Midol . . . you know, for your raging PMS . . . vag

sorry, there are no chicks in this thread whining..that's the most dumbass insult i've read.

and your point in posting it is...................

granite_grrl

Dec 13, 2007, 8:10 AM
Post #35 of 40 (638 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maldaly] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maldaly wrote:
Flashed makes chalk with menthol in it. It keeps you hands dry but, since it makes your eyes water when it get in, it's only available in chalk ball format.

So the stuff Flashed sells in chalk ball format and the stuff they sell loose is different? Or do you mean you can't get loose Flashed chalk in the State?

http://www.mec.ca/...;bmUID=1197562170576

Lots of Flashed chalk products about halfway down the page.

cavanaghrock

Dec 13, 2007, 8:14 AM
Post #36 of 40 (635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
cavanaghrock wrote:

sorry, there are no chicks in this thread whining..that's the most dumbass insult i've read.

Yes, it's almost as if I were comparing him to a woman in order to mock him for his effeminite sensitivity.

I apologize for overgeneralizing and comparing women in any way to this whining asshole . . . shit, now I've offended assholes . . .

maldaly

Dec 13, 2007, 9:06 AM
Post #37 of 40 (626 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry about the commercial nature of this post but granite_grrl asked:
We (Trango) distribute Flashed in the US so it's available in any shop that chooses to carry it. The menthol chalk is only available in chalkballs because of the eye thing. Regular chalk comes in blocks, loose or in balls. Flashed also makes a liquid chalk that works well.
Mal

Partner macherry

Dec 13, 2007, 9:56 AM
Post #38 of 40 (612 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cavanaghrock] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cavanaghrock wrote:
macherry wrote:
cavanaghrock wrote:

Yes, it's almost as if I were comparing him to a woman in order to mock him for his effeminite sensitivity.

I apologize for overgeneralizing and comparing women in any way to this whining asshole . . . shit, now I've offended assholes . . .

can assholes be offended?

Carnage

Dec 13, 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #39 of 40 (600 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
cavanaghrock wrote:
macherry wrote:
cavanaghrock wrote:

can assholes be offended?

i dunno about offended, but assholes get pissed off at dicks... cause dicks get fucked by assholes

Adk

Jan 25, 2010, 8:56 AM
Post #40 of 40 (298 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Carnage] Antipersiprant for hands that I can buy locally? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Carnage wrote:

i dunno about offended, but assholes get pissed off at dicks... cause dicks get fucked by assholes

Might you really mean the other way around?Shocked

To the OP. I think the only answer here was from Mal of Trango. Thanks Mal for trying to keep things going in the right direction.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook