Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Gimikspitter

Dec 14, 2007, 3:06 AM
Post #1 of 85 (21111 views)
Shortcut

Joe Kinder
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

It seems every Pro climber is creating a website...check out this interesting one...

http://www.joekindkid.com

pinkly_taurus

Dec 22, 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #2 of 85 (20898 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gimikspitter] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yo hollah!!!111 That sh!t is phat, son. Gotta give that kid mad props, yo. Fshizzle my wizzle, Gee.

azenari

Dec 22, 2007, 1:32 AM
Post #3 of 85 (20866 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gimikspitter] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

great website!

but hahah...he's a narutard.

dreday3000

Jan 15, 2008, 4:01 AM
Post #4 of 85 (20575 views)
Shortcut

Re: [azenari] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

boo-urns, that guys....sucks.

GeneralBenson

Feb 8, 2008, 7:22 PM
Post #5 of 85 (20340 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dreday3000] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Does anyone else feel like Joe Kinder is trying really, really, REALLY hard to be cool. And failing. I've never seen anyone who climbs 5.14 come across so freaking insecure. And holy crap, by the cover of Spray, I thought it was a new season of Dawson's Creek on DVD.

wanderlustmd

Feb 8, 2008, 7:40 PM
Post #6 of 85 (20297 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinkly_taurus] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinkly_taurus wrote:
Yo hollah!!!111 That sh!t is phat, son. Gotta give that kid mad props, yo. Fshizzle my wizzle, Gee.

LOL
The journal article in the new Climbing was decent, save for his entries.

But he climbs harder than me, so I'll STFU.

texasclimber

Feb 8, 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #7 of 85 (20240 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just met the guy while climbing at my gym. He was with his girlfriend Collette, who was also in the Climbing article. Anyway, I have read his blog and don't get it either. In person, he seems really down to Earth and is pumped about climbing. Either way, he gets to travel the world and climb...for a living!

mtengaio

Feb 9, 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #8 of 85 (20201 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ahhh, who cares how hard he climbs the guys a whiner. "No photos of me for my sponsors" blah blah blah. He's not doing anything unique or outstanding, i can't figure out why the mags love him so.

clausti

Feb 9, 2008, 2:33 AM
Post #9 of 85 (20176 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mtengaio] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mtengaio wrote:
Ahhh, who cares how hard he climbs the guys a whiner. "No photos of me for my sponsors" blah blah blah. He's not doing anything unique or outstanding, i can't figure out why the mags love him so.

they're trying so hard to throw the women climbers a bone on SOMEthing. and they figured joe kinder was as good a something as any. ::swoon:: what a cutie.

aerili

Feb 9, 2008, 3:27 AM
Post #10 of 85 (20139 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti, are you still trying to prove you're not a boy again??? Ha ha, jus kiddin... Tongue

clausti

Feb 9, 2008, 4:09 AM
Post #11 of 85 (20116 views)
Shortcut

Re: [aerili] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

aerili wrote:
clausti, are you still trying to prove you're not a boy again??? Ha ha, jus kiddin... Tongue

sadly, no, i was trying to prove that i don't like joe kinder, AND that i think the mags are still sexist in their catering to a perceived reader base. apparently i failed.

jakedatc

Feb 9, 2008, 5:28 AM
Post #12 of 85 (20080 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

(not directed at any comments by Clausti) Yea.. Joe hasn't done shit.. just helped Graham and Luke Parody etc establish tons of hard shit at Rumney and Pawtuckaway (among other places).. Taking sweet pictures and video of great climbers for years..
edit: i'm sure the mag's like him because he travels alot.. climbs with and is friends with alot of well known pro climbers.. has an exciting take on climbing not just the "duuuude... i just like touching the rock" stoner vibe like freaking sharma does every fucking interview

not from Clausti:
In reply to:
I've never seen anyone who climbs 5.14 come across so freaking insecure.
How many .14+ climbers do you know?

(This post was edited by jakedatc on Feb 9, 2008, 5:51 AM)

clausti

Feb 9, 2008, 5:40 AM
Post #13 of 85 (20071 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Yea.. Joe hasn't done shit.. just helped Graham and Luke Parody etc establish tons of hard shit at Rumney and Pawtuckaway (among other places).. Taking sweet pictures and video of great climbers for years..

In reply to:

i didnt say that joe kinder "hasnt done shit" i said that *I* don't like him. and ppl that climb 5.14? i've known a few. in other news, i didnt say that, and i'd appreciate you not making it look like i did by replying to my post then putting in an unattributed quote.

jakedatc

Feb 9, 2008, 5:44 AM
Post #14 of 85 (20064 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't say it was you Christina.. the quote was from guy earlier in the thread..

clausti

Feb 9, 2008, 5:45 AM
Post #15 of 85 (20061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh, and specifically, i dont like him because he comes off as a sexist, self-absorbed jerk in interviews he gives. specifically, there was one in urban climber where he was asked about what was "hot in climbing right now" and he said "girls in booty shorts," among other things about girls. i'm not sure how booty shorts relate to climbing, really, but hey, if that is your posse, it is my right not to like you.

clausti

Feb 9, 2008, 5:47 AM
Post #16 of 85 (20055 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
I didn't say it was you Christina.. the quote was from guy earlier in the thread..

i know, but when your post says "in reply to clausti" and then theres an unattributed quote... you know what that looks like. it was mostly for other ppl so they didnt think i said that.

jakedatc

Feb 9, 2008, 5:52 AM
Post #17 of 85 (20054 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

s'all good.. i edited my post to reflect that and added my take on the magazine thing.

clausti

Feb 9, 2008, 5:54 AM
Post #18 of 85 (20049 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
s'all good.. i edited my post to reflect that and added my take on the magazine thing.

danka, or however you spell that.

rjtrials

Feb 9, 2008, 6:00 AM
Post #19 of 85 (20046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

C-dub,

One of my favorite quotes, of all time, pertaining to anything come from the oft-hated JoeKindKid...

"I think about climbing as much or more than booty."

Now, most guys think about booty more than ANYTHING. Most will lie to you, but booty is El Numero Uno on the ponder list.

Me? I'm a bona fide climbing addict. That quote pretty much sums me up. Do I like Joe's media personality? Not really. But I do respect his climbing resume, psyche, and ability to make a living from climbing.

RJ

clausti

Feb 9, 2008, 6:11 AM
Post #20 of 85 (20039 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rjtrials] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rjtrials wrote:
C-dub,

One of my favorite quotes, of all time, pertaining to anything come from the oft-hated JoeKindKid...

"I think about climbing as much or more than booty."

Now, most guys think about booty more than ANYTHING. Most will lie to you, but booty is El Numero Uno on the ponder list.

Me? I'm a bona fide climbing addict. That quote pretty much sums me up. Do I like Joe's media personality? Not really. But I do respect his climbing resume, psyche, and ability to make a living from climbing.

RJ

he can think about booty 167 hours a week if he so chooses, and spout that to anyone he wants. he is also a strong climber; i'm not disputing any of that.

its his equating climbing with objectifying women that i disagree with. you can have one, or, in his case you can have the other, but i fail to see how it improves the sport of climbing for joe kinder to talk about the kind of ass he likes to see when interviewed about rock climbing, that is all.

and kinder cant seem to keep his trap shut about women when he gets in magazines, so i'd rather see less of him. my personal opinion.

like != respect. (does not equal.)
and vice versa.

GeneralBenson

Feb 10, 2008, 3:05 AM
Post #21 of 85 (19943 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
(not directed at any comments by Clausti) Yea.. Joe hasn't done shit.. just helped Graham and Luke Parody etc establish tons of hard shit at Rumney and Pawtuckaway (among other places).. Taking sweet pictures and video of great climbers for years..
edit: i'm sure the mag's like him because he travels alot.. climbs with and is friends with alot of well known pro climbers.. has an exciting take on climbing not just the "duuuude... i just like touching the rock" stoner vibe like freaking sharma does every fucking interview

not from Clausti:
In reply to:

I don't know anyone that climbs .14, nor did I say that I do. I'm also not trying to knock his climbing ability. CLearly he's a good climber. All I was saying is that for someone at that level, he seems obsessed with whether or not people think he's the coolest kid on the block.

jakedatc

Feb 10, 2008, 4:18 AM
Post #22 of 85 (19906 views)
Shortcut

Re: [GeneralBenson] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Should meet some in person away from any sort of sponsored event.. would probably be surprised at what their public persona is and what they are like away from all that. we had the same discussion about Jason Kehl a few months ago. I got to watch the "freaky, weird screaming guy" chilling out climbing .10's and .11's and hanging out. Maybe Joe is like that all the time.. i dunno.. but from what i've seen with others.. i wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

From what i've seen.. to make money through climbing... you have to pull so effing hard that you get sponsors a lot of attention, You have a personality that attracts attention of sponsors and folks the sponsors want to gain the attention of.. or you take pictures and videos of climbing A and B.

mtengaio

Feb 10, 2008, 5:05 AM
Post #23 of 85 (19889 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, well, Kinder is only standing on the shoulders of others. Just another flash in the pan. Not everyone can be as solid as Sharma, Graham, Andrada, etc. – but then again not every pro climber tries so hard to be so cool like Joe Kinder. There's a fine line between self promotion and self absorption.

And to mock Sharma for his attitude – get a life man.

dlintz

Feb 10, 2008, 6:48 AM
Post #24 of 85 (19864 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mtengaio] Joe Kinder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I only look at pics of Joe to see if they include Collette.

d.

GeneralBenson

Feb 10, 2008, 1:22 PM
Post #25 of 85 (19817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Should meet some in person away from any sort of sponsored event.. would probably be surprised at what their public persona is and what they are like away from all that. we had the same discussion about Jason Kehl a few months ago. I got to watch the "freaky, weird screaming guy" chilling out climbing .10's and .11's and hanging out. Maybe Joe is like that all the time.. i dunno.. but from what i've seen with others.. i wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

From what i've seen.. to make money through climbing... you have to pull so effing hard that you get sponsors a lot of attention, You have a personality that attracts attention of sponsors and folks the sponsors want to gain the attention of.. or you take pictures and videos of climbing A and B.

FAir enough. You're right, I shouldn't judge people I don't really know. I was just going from the impression that he seems to be giving away. HE's just taking the culmination of my feelings towards the fact that pro climbing seems to be growing increasingly egotistical, self gloryifying, and flashy. Which is largely because of, like you said, the sponsors wants attention brought from their athletes. Climbing is such a freeing activity, I'd just love to see some more humility on the scene.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook