Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Gym in San Fernando Valley...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

bodyboarder

Dec 18, 2007, 8:17 AM
Post #1 of 6 (5269 views)
Shortcut

Gym in San Fernando Valley...  (North_America: United_States: California: Los_Angeles_County)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So, my friends and I found ourselves wondering ,as we often do, "why the hell isnt there a gym in the valley??". Instead of bitching about it we decided we are just going to open one. Now I'm just wondering, before we put half a million bucks into this, does anyone wish there was a gym in the valley? Also what would you want in a gym in the valley? Do you guys think this is a bad idea? Just looking for a little feedback from people I don't know personally. Thanks a lot

Jason

Muad_Dib

Dec 19, 2007, 8:31 AM
Post #2 of 6 (5236 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bodyboarder] Gym in San Fernando Valley... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow!! I was having this same exact discussion with my GF yesterday. In fact, I was researching this last night then I see you post up about it today. Cool coincidence. I was thinking about opening a gym in the valley as well. I think the area is extremely ripe and would do just fine. I'm just one person, sounds like you have a group, but I'd be very interested in investing and/or helping out, let me know what's up.

badsanta

Dec 19, 2007, 8:52 AM
Post #3 of 6 (5228 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Muad_Dib] Gym in San Fernando Valley... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

there is a market for it, you could try to find out how many people go to other gyms from the valley/ a lot of gyms business is made up of kids birthday parties, your market there is all children who may never have climbed. you'd want to be in a middle class neighborhood that is close to middle and upper class neighborhoods. In terms of demographics there are a lot of middle and upper middle class people in the valley who would or could climb. you have to locate a tall wherehouse type building with adequate parking (which rockreation west LA severely lacks). Try to make it bigger then Rockreation. Vertical Hold in San Diego is a great size.

(This post was edited by badsanta on Dec 19, 2007, 8:53 AM)

Brru

Mar 13, 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #4 of 6 (4990 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would go to a nice gym in the valley if it were priced right and a good place to go. I have wanted a place in the valley for a while now. It came to the point your at where I was planning on opening my own. I decided against it, so if you could then I think its a great idea. If you are looking for any kind of help then send a private message my way too.

pierson.bradley

Jul 30, 2008, 10:53 PM
Post #5 of 6 (4726 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I work in the valley and would love to be able to spend a couple of hours a week climbing either at lunch or before work. One issue that I have with ARC is that they don't open until 10, so if you opened before work, you would definitely get my business - even if I have to drive to get there.

aevan

Jun 7, 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #6 of 6 (4301 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pierson.bradley] Gym in San Fernando Valley... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I thought there used to be one in agoura hills? I'd TOTALLY be down for one and if anyone's interested in a startup, I'd love to help out! I've already done some research for this.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook