Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Malaria in Krabi, Thailand?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

bandycoot

Dec 26, 2007, 6:23 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1562 views)
Shortcut

Malaria in Krabi, Thailand?  (Asia: Thailand: Southern_Provinces: Railay_West_Beach_and_Tonsai_Bay)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've heard from a lot of people that they didn't take anti-malarial drugs while in the Krabi region of Thailand. Some doctors say you need it, others say you don't need it in the "touristy sections" whatever that means. Anyone got any informed opinions about whether or not I should be popping pills while I'm over there? Thanks!

rockvoyager

Dec 28, 2007, 8:46 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bandycoot] Malaria in Krabi, Thailand? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Bc.

I'm in northern Thailand right now. Have asked many outdoor types about malaria as we did not bring anti-malaria pills. Everyone said not a problem any place but in the extreme north.

By the way, I climbed in Chiang Mai for a day and had a great time. If you are looking for a scene Krabi is your place but if you want a couple of days of fun, unusual climbing and have the time you might try this place. I will be going to Krabi around 1/7/08 and plan on 2 or 3 days of climbing (this wasn't a climbing trip). I plan on posting a trip report with as much local info as possible when I get back.

Just a note: Prices are significantly higher here than what's given in lonely planets guide. With the drop in the dollar and the higher price of oil we had to up our travel budget by about 30%. Still very, very good prices but higher than we thought.

Brad
In reply to:

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook