Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Big Wall and Aid Climbing:
Portaledge Sex
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All


lumineferusother


Feb 14, 2008, 4:12 AM
Post #1 of 58 (11132 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 3, 2005
Posts: 118

Portaledge Sex
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

As ridiculous as it sounds, this is actually a serious topic I'm trying to post people. Let me hear your thoughts, opinions, ideas, etc. I'm toying with the idea of having sex after dinner at the end of a days climb on a wall. Do you think you'd climb better or worse knowing what was waiting for you at the end of the day? What positions would you try? Harness? No harness? Concerns of buckles or cold metal touches place you wouldn't want? Someone also gave me the idea of make a swing using a figure 8 on a bight on your climbing or hauling rope and using a prussik or jumar to adjust the hight. Come on people, let me hear your ideas!!! AB come to Zion and I'll commit!


dbrayack


Feb 14, 2008, 4:42 AM
Post #2 of 58 (11109 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 16, 2002
Posts: 1260

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Wow.....


swaghole


Feb 14, 2008, 4:53 AM
Post #3 of 58 (11089 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 20, 2006
Posts: 371

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Weird. Why?


omalavet


Feb 14, 2008, 4:55 AM
Post #4 of 58 (11087 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 12, 2007
Posts: 91

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

harness


allimac


Feb 14, 2008, 5:40 AM
Post #5 of 58 (11027 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2006
Posts: 29

Re: [omalavet] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Save sex in a portaledge is using a harness...


leeroyjenkins


Feb 14, 2008, 5:57 AM
Post #6 of 58 (11000 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 6, 2005
Posts: 21

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Awesome. This, sir, is a good idea. Thought I would be a little concerned about jumping around on the prtaledge, a multidirectional anchor will definetly be needed. And I'm not to sure how it will be done with the a harness on... just tie a minalist rope harness.


markc


Feb 14, 2008, 5:59 AM
Post #7 of 58 (10998 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2003
Posts: 2479

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This is admittedly outside of my area of expertise. However, I'd suggest doing this at the end of the first day rather than later in the climb. Even then you might want a couple of wet wipes. Definitely harness, at least the swami.

So is this your first solo big wall climb?


fitzontherocks


Feb 14, 2008, 6:03 AM
Post #8 of 58 (10989 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 11, 2003
Posts: 858

Re: [markc] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

markc wrote:
So is this your first solo big wall climb?

Trophy.


charley


Feb 14, 2008, 6:04 AM
Post #9 of 58 (10988 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 13, 2002
Posts: 6627

Re: [leeroyjenkins] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You might want to practice at the local crag just a few feet off the ground with a crash pad under you. Just til you get the technique safe. Don't forget to wear your helmet.Cool


guanoboy


Feb 14, 2008, 6:10 AM
Post #10 of 58 (10970 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 1, 2004
Posts: 244

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Check out this instructional video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk5TQFw-1E8


wanderlustmd


Feb 14, 2008, 6:42 AM
Post #11 of 58 (10916 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8149

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There was a thread on this in the past...

edit: tah dah

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...0portaledge;#1505225


(This post was edited by wanderlustmd on Feb 14, 2008, 6:44 AM)


winglessangel


Feb 14, 2008, 6:55 AM
Post #12 of 58 (10895 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2004
Posts: 459

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A friend once told me:
"You need no plateau, you need no portaledge, any station is good, all you need is a anchor 20cm longer than your mate's anchor"
He didn't wanna give me more details, I've been climbing for 6 years and still can't quite do my necessities without taking the harness off, so what can I say about sex with one on?


Now, about the portaledge, I heard a story once (or read it on this site) about a guy who was climbing with a girl and they had 2 ledges, his was higher than hers, he took his clothes off and tied a knot, with the rope, on his left ankle. Went to her ledge, did as he intended and afterwards, on the climb back to his ledge, he fell and ended up upside down, hanged by his leg on the middle of the wall all naked!!


stymingersfink


Feb 14, 2008, 6:57 AM
Post #13 of 58 (10884 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 12, 2003
Posts: 7250

Re: [guanoboy] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

guanoboy wrote:
Check out this instructional video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk5TQFw-1E8
linky-clicky-thingy.


WVUCLMBR


Feb 14, 2008, 7:00 AM
Post #14 of 58 (10876 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 20, 2007
Posts: 668

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Wasn't "Batso" Harding famous for hooking up with chicks on big walls? I thought i remembered reading that in Climbing. I'm pretty sure i've seen a pic with him+wine+woman......Old skool funkin.....Wink


exostratics


Feb 14, 2008, 7:03 AM
Post #15 of 58 (10869 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 7, 2007
Posts: 34

Re: [markc] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

markc wrote:
This is admittedly outside of my area of expertise. However, I'd suggest doing this at the end of the first day rather than later in the climb. Even then you might want a couple of wet wipes. Definitely harness, at least the swami.

So is this your first solo big wall climb?

There are few things in this world less sexy to me than the reference of wet naps and sex in the same sentence.


krusher4


Feb 14, 2008, 7:31 AM
Post #16 of 58 (10815 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2005
Posts: 997

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

anchor in by useing supertape around your waists, have fun.


markc


Feb 14, 2008, 8:38 AM
Post #17 of 58 (10679 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2003
Posts: 2479

Re: [exostratics] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

exostratics wrote:
markc wrote:
This is admittedly outside of my area of expertise. However, I'd suggest doing this at the end of the first day rather than later in the climb. Even then you might want a couple of wet wipes. Definitely harness, at least the swami.

So is this your first solo big wall climb?

There are few things in this world less sexy to me than the reference of wet naps and sex in the same sentence.

There are few things less sexy to me than getting down with someone after several days of hard work and no running water. YMMV, but I'd want my partner to freshen up at least a little.


Arrogant_Bastard


Feb 14, 2008, 8:52 AM
Post #18 of 58 (10656 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2007
Posts: 19994

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lumineferusother wrote:
As ridiculous as it sounds, this is actually a serious topic I'm trying to post people. Let me hear your thoughts, opinions, ideas, etc. I'm toying with the idea of having sex after dinner at the end of a days climb on a wall. Do you think you'd climb better or worse knowing what was waiting for you at the end of the day? What positions would you try? Harness? No harness? Concerns of buckles or cold metal touches place you wouldn't want? Someone also gave me the idea of make a swing using a figure 8 on a bight on your climbing or hauling rope and using a prussik or jumar to adjust the hight. Come on people, let me hear your ideas!!! AB come to Zion and I'll commit!

Woo! I'm there big boy! Daddy's comming home!!!


nicodeemus


Feb 14, 2008, 8:57 AM
Post #19 of 58 (10643 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 5, 2007
Posts: 44

Re: [stymingersfink] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

OMG...that video was f**kin hilarious!


knieveltech


Feb 14, 2008, 8:59 AM
Post #20 of 58 (10641 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 1, 2006
Posts: 1431

Re: [markc] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

markc wrote:
exostratics wrote:
markc wrote:
This is admittedly outside of my area of expertise. However, I'd suggest doing this at the end of the first day rather than later in the climb. Even then you might want a couple of wet wipes. Definitely harness, at least the swami.

So is this your first solo big wall climb?

There are few things in this world less sexy to me than the reference of wet naps and sex in the same sentence.

There are few things less sexy to me than getting down with someone after several days of hard work and no running water. YMMV, but I'd want my partner to freshen up at least a little.

Embrace the funk, man.


Partner camhead


Feb 14, 2008, 9:16 AM
Post #21 of 58 (10604 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20796

Re: [knieveltech] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

yeah, I used to fantasize about portaledgesex, too. Until I realized that wall climbing involves being dirty, covered in rope grit, dirt, and your own bodily waste.

it is much less romantic, but I would say find a girl who can do a wall in a day, go grab a beer afterwords, and then hump like rabbits all night. Way more rewarding.


shimanilami


Feb 14, 2008, 9:17 AM
Post #22 of 58 (10603 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 24, 2006
Posts: 2043

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

If you and your partner are sufficiently motivated, you can hump anywhere. The technical challenges of big wall sex are really not an issue.

Unfortunately, posts like this betray the fact that you don't have a motivated partner and, further, are counterproductive in resolving that problem.


slablizard


Feb 14, 2008, 9:37 AM
Post #23 of 58 (10555 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 13, 2003
Posts: 5558

Re: [shimanilami] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

shimanilami wrote:
If you and your partner are sufficiently motivated, you can hump anywhere. The technical challenges of big wall sex are really not an issue.

Unfortunately, posts like this betray the fact that you don't have a motivated partner and, further, are counterproductive in resolving that problem.

What is wrong with the hottub in a motel again?


shimanilami


Feb 14, 2008, 9:41 AM
Post #24 of 58 (10543 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 24, 2006
Posts: 2043

Re: [slablizard] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

slablizard wrote:
shimanilami wrote:
If you and your partner are sufficiently motivated, you can hump anywhere. The technical challenges of big wall sex are really not an issue.

Unfortunately, posts like this betray the fact that you don't have a motivated partner and, further, are counterproductive in resolving that problem.

What is wrong with the hottub in a motel again?

I'll meet you at the usual place. Happy Valentines Day, lover!

PS - Don't forget the beads.


summerprophet


Feb 14, 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #25 of 58 (10444 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 16, 2004
Posts: 764

Re: [lumineferusother] Portaledge Sex [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In all honesty, while the thought of portaledge sex seems enticing on the ground, once you are up there, it looses its appeal.

Just think about the stench you got when you took your t-shirt off last time you were on a wall. Multiply that by two and tell me if it gives you a woody.

You are hot, sweaty, filthy,exhausted and dehydrated after a day on a big wall. Her body will likely be dehydrated enough that you would want to take along lube, and then you need to take along extra water and wet wipes to clean yourselves (unless you are a fan of three day old lube on your skin).
If you have the energy for carnal adventures, then do another pitch and get back to the ground that much quicker.

[Don't get me wrong, I am all about sex outdoors, but big walls are all about suffering gracefully, save those moments for when water and clean(er) clothing is easilly accesable].

That and the fact my wall partners have always been male..... Sorry, just not that open.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$134.55 (10% off)
$35.96 (10% off)
$35.96 (10% off)
$12.56 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook