RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

mexclimber

Feb 28, 2008, 3:33 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1418 views)
Shortcut

.5 Omega Pacific Link Cam?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Found this on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
First I heard about a .5 Link Cam. Anyone know if it's true?

John

Partner cracklover

Feb 28, 2008, 3:59 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1385 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mexclimber] .5 Omega Pacific Link Cam? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I love it. It clearly says they haven't come out yet...

In reply to:
THIS IS A PRE-SALE ITEM!! .5 LINK CAMS ARE EXPECTED FROM THE FACTORY NO EARLIER THAN THE 1ST OF APRIL 2008. BUY THEM NOW AND YOU WILL BE LOCKED IN TO RECEIVE ONE OUT OF THE FIRST BATCH TO ARRIVE!!

And then goes on to say this...

In reply to:
Many climbers have simply stopped carrying the THREE sizes of BD or Metolious cams and FOUR sizes of Wild Country Friends that this ONE piece covers.

Yeah, dawg, that's how I roll. I'm so psyched to get this piece on my rack in a month or two depending on delays, that I've already stopped carying all my small cams on climbs I do now! That's right, I trust that a cam I don't own yet will protect me on a finger crack, just 'cause it's soooo great!

GO

shockabuku

Feb 28, 2008, 4:04 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1375 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] .5 Omega Pacific Link Cam? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
I love it. It clearly says they haven't come out yet...

In reply to:
THIS IS A PRE-SALE ITEM!! .5 LINK CAMS ARE EXPECTED FROM THE FACTORY NO EARLIER THAN THE 1ST OF APRIL 2008. BUY THEM NOW AND YOU WILL BE LOCKED IN TO RECEIVE ONE OUT OF THE FIRST BATCH TO ARRIVE!!

And then goes on to say this...

In reply to:
Many climbers have simply stopped carrying the THREE sizes of BD or Metolious cams and FOUR sizes of Wild Country Friends that this ONE piece covers.

Yeah, dawg, that's how I roll. I'm so psyched to get this piece on my rack in a month or two depending on delays, that I've already stopped carying all my small cams on climbs I do now! That's right, I trust that a cam I don't own yet will protect me on a finger crack, just 'cause it's soooo great!

GO

Your negativity is stifling my excitement.

vegastradguy

Feb 28, 2008, 4:26 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1346 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] .5 Omega Pacific Link Cam? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lol, its true in some respect. some wanker fixed a prototype .5 link cam (or .75, cant tell) on the first pitch of Cat in the Hat recently....so, they're out there being tested- and if you want to look at one, come to Vegas! (i thought about trying to get it out, but it looks like it'd be a monumental PITA)

i seriously doubt theyre going to be released in april, though- as OP had no comment on them at the winter show. i'd say expect a possible announcement of them in August with release in March of 2009 at the earliest if they're announced.

muaddib9

Feb 28, 2008, 8:51 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mexclimber] .5 Omega Pacific Link Cam? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The word I had from an acquaintance (who works in the industry) is that they saw them at this last winter's convention. He thought they were due out late March. I love my #1 and 2 Link Cams and would love to have the .5 Link Cam to eliminate some more cams off my rack like the 1 and 2 did.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook