Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Best route in Sedona?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

sed

Mar 7, 2008, 8:02 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1758 views)
Shortcut

Best route in Sedona?  (North_America: United_States: Arizona)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey I'm planning to climb in sedona this month, been there some but I'd like to get on some of the better ones. We're talking multi-pitch between 5.8 and 5.11. For those who have climbed there alot, what would you recommend?
thanks in advance,
Scott

Bret

Mar 7, 2008, 2:09 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1730 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sed] Best route in Sedona? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This is mostly a bump as I've only done six or eight routes there. Probably my favorite so far has been Four Flying Apaches.

I see from your profile that you've climbed with Manny. You might want to ask him. Also, you could pm some of the people who have posted a lot of pictures of sedona.

markguycan

Mar 9, 2008, 3:42 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1706 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If it's cold/windy go to the Church Wall and do Easy Rider, Poop Chute, Broken Arete, Bliss, Genesis, Last temptation, Brown Hornet (tr), and Castles in the Sand.
other great routes include regular route on Princess spire & "Fingering Xena".
on schnebly hill rd (past Arch Enemy) do Technicolor Corner, and then Wild West is a good multipitch on the teapot.
"Japhead" has several good routes including: Bootieful, Majak Line, and Crimson Crescent.
Mars Attacks off dry creek rd is a good one, Space Balls is nearby and also a good value.
Vortex in a Can is pretty sweet- on the south side of cathedral (near the mace) and Andy Kaufman crack, Rusty Cage are good 1pitch.
Many people start off with Queen Victoria or Streaker Spire.
As Always: consider climbing at a slightly lower grade when i Sedona as the rock is notoriously less than perfect. As you comfort level grows with the "Best Choss on Earth" so will you enjoyment of the harder routes. 5.6 can be really exciting in Sedona!

(This post was edited by markguycan on Mar 9, 2008, 3:50 PM)

shredude

Mar 9, 2008, 4:35 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

THE MACE! Need I say more.

My nephew and I did this route last August (dodging t-heads) and it was phenomenal!!

This route is mostly off-width climbing, four pitches and somewhat of a grunt fest. It's also the oldest milti-pitch in Sedona and (in my opinion) one of the best!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$49.46 (10% off)
$35.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook