Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
I MUst be missing something
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

atomix1010

Mar 19, 2008, 6:23 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1771 views)
Shortcut

I MUst be missing something  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southeastern_Region: Haycock_Mtn)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I went up to Haycock last Saturday and was unpleasantly suprised. I had heard of Haycock being hard to navigate but i must be missing on something. Ispent a good 2hours looking around and found maybe 4 actull cliamble boulders. What gives?

Alpine07

Mar 19, 2008, 6:38 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1761 views)
Shortcut

Re: [atomix1010] I MUst be missing something [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would suggest getting someone who knows their way around Haycock to take you. I have only been there once or twice a couple years ago, or else I would try and help you out more. What I do remember from Haycock is lots of walking to the climbing, and lots of walking in between climbing. All the boulders are pretty far apart and hard to find.

A_UM_Climber

May 27, 2008, 1:30 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1551 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds like Haycock alright. I have only been there three or four times and I still have trouble finding routes. It's best to head up there with someone who knows where the routes are. I don't go to Haycock without my GPS.

DaveEscobar

May 2, 2009, 4:13 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's a pretty big part and things can be pretty stretched out. I went with a friend of mine who considers haycock his home he used to climb with the guy that wrote the guide. Check out the guide it's pretty good. A good part depends on where you park too. If you can find hanger 18 I've spent whole days only there. If you go on the weekends there are usually a lot of climbers around one can probably point you in the right direction if you can't find something.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook