Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Moab/Indian Creek questions
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

climbingaggie03

Mar 24, 2008, 5:06 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1394 views)
Shortcut

Moab/Indian Creek questions  (North_America: United_States: Utah)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I've never climbed in utah, but the ski season is nearly done and I want to get a little time in on my shoulder season before i crank up for summer.

I'm thinking of heading to moab for the 3rd week of april.

I'm wondering what the scene is like for bumming a partner. I've hooked up with people in yosemite and josh, but there is a pretty established way of finding partners in those places (ie the camp 4 kiosk) so how do things work in moab/IC?

Also if anybody is going to be around there the 3rd/4th week of april and is looking for a partner, or is a group of 3,5, ect let me know, I'd love to get vertical.

petsfed

Mar 24, 2008, 6:00 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1368 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingaggie03] Moab/Indian Creek questions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Bumming around the campgrounds is a good way to go. We met 4 or 5 people just by wandering around Cottonwood Camp. Just talk to people and you'll find partners. That or hang out at the scarface and supercrack parking areas. You're sure to meet people that way.

If you're in Castle Valley, or up towards Moab, hanging out in the Castleton Tower or Fisher Towers lots will find you partners (we took on a fourth and split into two parties for Ancient Art last wednesday doing exactly that) pretty quickly. Hanging out at Big Bend will also find you people to climb with pretty easily.

(This post was edited by petsfed on Mar 24, 2008, 6:01 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$22.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook