RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

punk

Oct 29, 2002, 3:30 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Climbing mag Gear reviews
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just read the Climbing mag Gear review on Ice screws and the Grivel 360 came on top,
What next…telling me that the Rages are the best Alpine and allarounder tools with the Quark being the best steep ice and mix tools money can buy….. Come'on tell me something new
Everyone knew this two years ago ….what a waste

csoles

Oct 29, 2002, 7:17 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Climbing mag Gear reviews [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The days of in-house gear testers are long gone for both mags. Everything is farmed out to freelancers who have real jobs since the pay for articles is way below minumum wage when you calclulate time. As a result, reviews tend to be hit-or-miss.

FWIW I don't like the Grivel because it racks poorly. But it's great in tight spots so I do carry a few.

punk

Oct 29, 2002, 8:23 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Climbing mag Gear reviews [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It is a matter of opinion…but for me the 360 are the only screw I use I only use the express for the 10cm since they (Grivel) don’t make it I use the espresso sleeves for racking them and transporting them and have no problems but then again I do climb in the NE where the ice tend to be more brittle chandelier then uniformed and very convoluted in shape Now combine this with relatively short approaches and for that reason I don’t have any problems with them and carrying the extra weight

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook