Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Kelso-Longview Climbing
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Bobil

Apr 15, 2008, 9:14 PM
Post #1 of 4 (3038 views)
Shortcut

Kelso-Longview Climbing  (North_America: United_States: Washington: Southwest_Washington)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Fairly new to climbing - looking for routes close to the Kelso/Longview area of Washington. Would be nice if within 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive.

Thanks!

irregularpanda

Apr 15, 2008, 9:25 PM
Post #2 of 4 (3034 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Bobil] Kelso-Longview Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bobil wrote:
Fairly new to climbing - looking for routes close to the Kelso/Longview area of Washington. Would be nice if within 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive.

Thanks!

I moved to Reno, but I'm from Olympia WA.

OK so, you got Beacon rock, near Washougal, but they have raptor nesting issues and thusly, a short season that starts late july/early august. Buy the book "portland rock climbs" it'll fill you in.

Tieton, Highway 12, there's some basalt columns there. Those two crags are the closest climbs you'll find. Further away there's Vantage/frenchman's coulee. Leavenworth. exit 32. Exit 38. When I lived up north I kept hearing rumors about some quarry just south of Oly near exit 100 or exit 99, but I never found the place. I'll PM you with details.

cporter

Apr 15, 2008, 9:46 PM
Post #3 of 4 (3028 views)
Shortcut

Re: [irregularpanda] Kelso-Longview Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Also from Oly but now live in San Diego and I gotta say excluding alpine, there are far fewer good climbing areas. The crag you are thinking of is the Tenino rock quaryy. Been there 3 years ago but dont remeber much. Fuck the rain, its always climbing season down south.

sherrilewis

Apr 15, 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #4 of 4 (3016 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Bobil] Kelso-Longview Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PM "Off White" on cascadeclimbers.com. He'll give you the 411 on the local crag near Olympia(it's on his property, I believe), or check out this thread about it: http://cascadeclimbers.com/...56131/gonew/1#UNREAD

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$35.96 (10% off)
$77.36 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook