Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Aid routes in Garden of the Gods?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

climbingaggie03

Apr 29, 2008, 2:58 PM
Post #1 of 3 (876 views)
Shortcut

Aid routes in Garden of the Gods?  (North_America: United_States: Colorado: Front_Range: Garden_of_the_Gods)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I'm looking to get some aiding in when I pass through Colorado springs, Does anybody know of a couple of good aid routes? I know there are some former aid routes that have gone free, and I was kind of thinking of trying the east face of Montezuma tower, I think there is a 5.8 C2 route on there that has an older bolt ladder on it. Or I was thinking of trying to Aid Kor's Korner.

Any beta would be appreciated.

jmeizis

Apr 29, 2008, 3:30 PM
Post #2 of 3 (869 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingaggie03] Aid routes in Garden of the Gods? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You've pretty much got the right idea. The few aid routes that I know of are just bolt ladders, nothing interesting about that. Clean aiding some of the hard cracks like Annaconda and Kor's Corner. You could try Angle Tangle on the East Face of North Gateway. If you can't find it from all the old pinholes then you better get your eyes checked. Let's see, Zipper on Tweedledumshire Spire used to be an aid route, don't know what you could find there. The East Face of Montezuma's goes at 5.6 C2. The West Face of the Three Graces goes at 5.11a A2. That's all the personal knowledge I know and everything I could glean from the guidebook. Do me a favor when you're out there. Climb the last pitches of Pete and Bob's Crack on the West Face of North Gateway. I'm too scared to go do it myself.

climbingaggie03

Apr 29, 2008, 3:37 PM
Post #3 of 3 (868 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jmeizis] Aid routes in Garden of the Gods? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Awesome, that ought to be enough to keep me busy. I will do my best to climb pete and bobs.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook