RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

guangzhou

May 6, 2008, 1:58 AM
Post #1 of 8 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Stoney Point Photography get togeher June 25 to 27
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Trying to organize a fun shoot.

While my family is working, it might be fun to do a couple of shoots with local photographers, climbers, and models at Stoney Point in Southern California.

The area is easy to access and offer a wide variety of background, boulder problems, and top-rope routes.

This would be a good opportunity for climbers and photogrpahers i the area to get together, learn from each other, and shoot some nice photos.

http://www.laparks.org/...ty/stoneyPointPk.htm

Anyone welcome. What ever day we decide, I'll plan on being there most of the day. My partner and I can climb/boulder until the shooting starts.

Cheers
Eman

chanceboarder

May 6, 2008, 4:18 PM
Post #2 of 8 (3104 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Stoney Point Photography get togeher June 25 to 27 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I may be in Yosemite that weekend but if I'm around I'd be up to joining you guys. Nothing like late June in the San Fernando Valley with 100+ degree temps, hope my camera doesn't melt Laugh

Jason

guangzhou

May 7, 2008, 12:44 AM
Post #3 of 8 (3080 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chanceboarder] Stoney Point Photography get togeher June 25 to 27 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chanceboarder wrote:
I may be in Yosemite that weekend but if I'm around I'd be up to joining you guys. Nothing like late June in the San Fernando Valley with 100+ degree temps, hope my camera doesn't melt Laugh

Jason

Agree, it will be hot, but I live in Indonesia and 100 degree weather is winter here. I think I'll be OK.

I will have just return from Yosemite at that point. Enjoy your trip and hope to see you.

E

deepplaymedia

May 7, 2008, 4:22 AM
Post #4 of 8 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Stoney Point Photography get togeher June 25 to 27 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Argg I'm very jealous, I wanted to be in the valley this spring.
A few of my mates are leaving today actually for 7 weeks there, watch out for them! (THey will be the ones onsighting all your hardest walls :P)

guangzhou

May 7, 2008, 6:04 AM
Post #5 of 8 (3015 views)
Shortcut

Re: [deepplaymedia] Stoney Point Photography get togeher June 25 to 27 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Josh,

The problem in today's world is that they are to many climbing areas to ever visit in one life time.

Kind of funny, people in the states would kill to climb place like Arapile while people down under would kill to jam at Indian Creek.

My next trip to your neck of the woods will be Arapiles. The blues are nice, but I like seeing new places. Spent last Christmas in New Zealand climbing near Lake Taupo. Nice rock and great cracks there too.

Eman
maybe one day you'll find your way to INdonesia. Wait till I have alittle more developed to amke it worth your while.

deepplaymedia

May 7, 2008, 8:37 AM
Post #6 of 8 (2993 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's a problem?
I think it's fantastic!!

I absolutely love Arapiles, some of my best memories are waking up in the Pines campground in my hammock to jangle of hexes being racked up nearby, then walking all of 500m to spend the day cruising pitch after pitch of delicate smears & fingerlocks on RP's.
The nearby Grampians are also awesome! While the easy stuff abounds, if you can get up 5.12/13ish then head to Taipan wall for sure.

Myxomatosis

May 7, 2008, 9:14 PM
Post #7 of 8 (2960 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
Josh,

The problem in today's world is that they are to many climbing areas to ever visit in one life time.

Kind of funny, people in the states would kill to climb place like Arapile while people down under would kill to jam at Indian Creek.

My next trip to your neck of the woods will be Arapiles. The blues are nice, but I like seeing new places. Spent last Christmas in New Zealand climbing near Lake Taupo. Nice rock and great cracks there too.

Eman
maybe one day you'll find your way to INdonesia. Wait till I have alittle more developed to amke it worth your while.

Where did you climb in NZ? Whanganui Bay? Waipapa? Kinloch?

You should come back to NZ and climb around Queenstown and Wanaka... no nasty spiders or snakes at the top of climbs there Tongue

(This post was edited by Myxomatosis on May 7, 2008, 9:15 PM)

guangzhou

May 8, 2008, 3:20 AM
Post #8 of 8 (2935 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Myxomatosis] Stoney Point Photography get togeher June 25 to 27 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Myxomatosis wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
Josh,

Eman

I climbed near Lake Taupo. Only have so much. I think my Next trip in the area will be Arapile. December, I am planning Malaysia. Scene seems to be growing quite a bit.

For now, i'll make do with First ascents in Indonesia.

Cheers
E

Where did you climb in NZ? Whanganui Bay? Waipapa? Kinloch?

You should come back to NZ and climb around Queenstown and Wanaka... no nasty spiders or snakes at the top of climbs there Tongue

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook