RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

eurobiner

Oct 31, 2002, 6:38 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1651 views)
Shortcut

Levels of DOOM>>>>>>>>>ahahahahaha!!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so yesterday I began a solo ascent of levels of doom on right twin brother
next to peyote dreams in zion! Today I awoke to find my good friend Mark from Az. in search of a wall climb. I was psyched for the solo but would love to have mark as my partner so tommorrow we cast off from my high
point of pitch 3 for 4 or 5 days... ohh yeah baby!!! afterward I hope to have time to solo Lost Angel on angels landing it will be the first solo ascent and overall 3rd. same with levels of doom except with my bro Mark!!!trip reports will follow with some sweet pics .. I hope! Zion is beautiful and quiet this time of year and the shuttles are done for the season so one can drive up and down the canyon all he or she wants!!! to those wall rats out there get out and send it!!

[ This Message was edited by: eurobiner on 2002-10-31 10:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: eurobiner on 2002-11-04 11:46 ]

grippedclimber

Oct 31, 2002, 7:26 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1651 views)
Shortcut

Levels of DOOM>>>>>>>>>ahahahahaha!!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You Mutha f-ing son of a. Couldn't even send me a PM about this? @#*&^%$#!!!

Full diss. Tell Mark I say what up.

[ This Message was edited by: grippedclimber on 2002-10-31 11:31 ]

passthepitonspete

Oct 31, 2002, 7:41 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1651 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dr. Piton applauds your Big Announcement!

You are now accountable to us.

Be sure to report back here to this post when you get back.

Send it, dude.

grippedclimber

Oct 31, 2002, 7:46 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1651 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh yeah, good luck on that big bad ass climb. I know you guys are gonna send it!!

eurobiner

Nov 4, 2002, 7:44 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1651 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What is up yall!! sorry I didn't get didn't
get touch J. I have sent you some pm's but no reply? Hope you doing good and say hi to rach. I am on the ground today
resting after what was probably the most
grueling pitch I have done in a long time.
"The crusher" I spent a whole evening and most of the next day getting up this 165ft. pitch which involved struggling up a 10-12inch crack. I stacked wood blocks with cams
which is rather bomber and walked a #3 big bro. I had to replace a few lead bolts which were desperateley place by the first ascent team, at least they came off that way. and a bad belay bolt. I was able to use the same holes and they are now bomber! I enjoyed having a belay for two pitches along with marks company. I am fixed to the fifth pitch
and plan to blast off in a few hours!! I am once again solo. which I am psyched about having soloed the first few pitches and leading all so far! The rest of the route looks sweet!! Mark had to return for class back in az.One of the crux pitches is one pitch away and looks thin the "Dead simple pitch" I heard that on the first ascent Amanda Tarr took a big wipper onto
a bird beak on that pitch. sounds like the beaks are good I guess? Well off I go Levels of doom awaits my presence
Only 9 pitches to go

eurobiner

Nov 8, 2002, 9:04 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1651 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Levels of doom has been sent!!!!! cool route with no gimme pitches. I spent three more days on the route after fixing to five.
lots of fragile features and nailing. I replaced belay bolts and added only 1 lead bolt up high on the route where a flake was missing, scar evidence. I rapped the route to get down just getting the heck out of there before a storm moved in. I awoke to the bad news on the radio that all hell was to break loose so I got in high gear and climbed. I did finish the line but did not top out the formation which reqired 200 more feet of climbing on peyote dreams. the bad weather chased me away from the summit. I just got off last night and today is super wet and windy. good thing I'm not up there.
to future ascent teams..all belays are bomb,
rapping the route is definitely the way to go
as far as the descent. pika toucans are the bomb diggy too! and don't forget the beaks.
heads up route so be tuned as far as any type
of climbing ooh yeah!!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook