Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Hard to find Shaking Rock!! GA
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

wanlessrm

Sep 22, 2006, 9:54 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1900 views)
Shortcut

Hard to find Shaking Rock!! GA  (North_America: United_States: Georgia: Georgia_North: Shaking_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I tried to find shaking rock today and had no luck! I didn't see any closed down gas station or a stone sign. Maybe I just missed something but better directions would be great. Name of the street or if you see this you have gone to far! Please help!!!

wanlessrm

Sep 26, 2006, 9:44 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1900 views)
Shortcut

Re: Hard to find Shaking Rock!! GA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I found it after a little looking around. There is no closed down gas station to use. Go past the high school and you'll see hwy 78 turn to the right. Go past it and a little rock about 100 feet past 78 says shaking rock. If you see the sigh you'll be there in 20 seconds. I went by my self in the heat and didn't see anything I wanted to climb. With the weather a little colder I could see some fun problems. Didn't see 100 problems maybe 6. I'll go back if some one who has been there before want's to show me around. I'm not knocking it because its better than nothing if you only have a couple of hours to waste.

token_redneck

Jan 6, 2007, 4:44 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1578 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanlessrm] Hard to find Shaking Rock!! GA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It can be a little tricky to find the place, I usually tell people to start looking for the sign as soon as they pass the chicken express. If you're ever looking to climb out there just give me a shout, Its not far from me at all.

localabido

May 29, 2008, 3:10 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1253 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanlessrm] Hard to find Shaking Rock!! GA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you're used to a whole lot of big problems, Shaking Rock may not be for you. But, there are a tremendous amount of places for beginners, and many short technical routes. I would be happy to go with you. A friend of mine and I go two or three times a week. E-mail me.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook