RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

Myxomatosis

Jun 10, 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #1 of 5 (2140 views)
Shortcut

Waiheke Bouldering
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thoughts?... Im prehaps a little to slow on the shutter (capture hand a spilt second before holding the hold) or could have got him moving his other hand up....

Also done alot of PSD work on it.. removed spotter.. can you guys see my work?

GeneralBenson

Jun 11, 2008, 2:16 AM
Post #2 of 5 (2087 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Myxomatosis] Waiheke Bouldering [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't necessarily seen anything in particular in the PS, but something just looks not right to me. The climber seems to stand out too much from the background. Maybe too much sharpen? The edges of the climber and foreground boulder all look artificial to me. Maybe I'm just nuts. Maybe just a smaller aperature to get the grass more in focus.

kriso9tails

Jun 11, 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2057 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Myxomatosis] Waiheke Bouldering [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Y' know, there is a forum just for this sort of thing.

Also, you're a bit undersaturated.

Myxomatosis

Jun 12, 2008, 1:37 AM
Post #4 of 5 (2051 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kriso9tails] Waiheke Bouldering [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kriso9tails wrote:

Also, you're a bit undersaturated.

Yeah I know... but nobody really uses that forum.. Smile If mods want, they can move it across.

I have done some more work at school last night. Re-adjusted all the colours, made the grass alot darker, taken out a couple of eye catching things, removed some brightness from his arm and fingers.

Thanks for you input.

(This post was edited by Myxomatosis on Jun 12, 2008, 1:39 AM)

fiend

Jun 12, 2008, 5:25 AM
Post #5 of 5 (2031 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kriso9tails] Waiheke Bouldering [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kriso9tails wrote:

But then I wouldn't be able to comment and say things like "it's cropped too tight, if you're going to clone out your spotter then take out those damn rocks in the upper left and the pointy ass rock, there's no sense of drama because we can't tell if this guy is more than a foot off the ground or where he's going after this or if the problem is more than one move, I hate to say rule of thirds but now I've gone and said it anyways, I'm not buying into that foreground blur, he's obviously just sticking that move but his expression looks goofy and not genuine, that problem has too much lichen on it, no visible brand logos for sales to sponsors, and that the climber is missing the entire left half of his body."

Hmm, maybe it would have been better in the other forum after all. He does have very defined teeth though. That's a plus.

My feeling is that unless the spotter was cut partially out of the frame, he probably would have balanced the image out a little more and should have been left in. Give us the before! If you want to post them in a little diptych with BEFORE PS-O-VISION and AFTER PS-O-VISION labels, I'd be pretty chuffed.

Also, there are 8 people on flickr with Myxomatosis in their username. I find that weird. Like, more than regular kiwi weird.

(This post was edited by fiend on Jun 12, 2008, 5:30 AM)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook