RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

chrish22

Jun 17, 2008, 1:22 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1015 views)
Shortcut

Foster Falls
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I went to Foster Falls, TN about a week and a half ago for my first outdoor TR/Lead trip. I had a sprained ankle, so leading was kinda out, but I was still pretty enamored with the TR since it was my first time not bouldering.

The interesting part was when a ranger came up to us with a bullet proof vest on and told us there was an armed and dangerous fugitive on the trail and they had to close the area until he was caught. He'd already killed an officer and taken his gun. He said, "Here I'll show you a picture of him, but I figure you haven't seen him since he was in his underwear and he had a gun. You'd have noticed something like that."

So we went to Chattanooga aquarium for the day. We got to come back the next day cause the police cornered him and he shot himself. I guess I should feel bad that I was excited about that since we could go back to climbing at Foster's. Oh and I should qualify my excitement by saying that we drove up from Miami and Orlando in Florida (13 hours from Miami, 9 from Orlando.) So I mean not climbing wasn't really an option.

The waterfall was awesome too cause it rained all the days before we got there.

Partner oldsalt

Jun 17, 2008, 1:44 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1011 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chrish22] Foster Falls [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Foster Falls was my second outdoor climb (out of Jacksonville). It was not as dramatic as your trip, but still unforgettable.

Get back out soon.

zakadamsgt

Jun 17, 2008, 1:49 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chrish22] Foster Falls [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Crazy stuff!! Anyways, I hope you had fun, FF is where I learned to climb. When you get a little more confident, add the extra 1.5 hours and go to the OBED! Best climbing (sport) in TN!

Zak

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook