RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

maculated

Jun 16, 2008, 8:27 PM
Post #1 of 6 (7962 views)
Shortcut

2008 Pine Mountain Pulldown, 9/5-7, Ojai, CA
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi all, wanted to make a formal announcement on RC.com before it hits the magazines. Hopefully some of you already know about this thanks to word of mouth.

Remember the Phoenix bouldering comp? Well, the western states once again have an outdoor bouldering competition and festival. We've got a huge list of companies attending and the venue, if you've not ever been, is like a sandstone Sierra. Ocean and mountain views from the bouldering sites, beautiful festival site, and we guarantee a good time. We're also proud to be premiering the 2008 Reel Rock Tour film on Saturday night.

Think about joining us for California's climbing event of the year: September 5th though 7th 2008 at Pine Mountain (just a short 45-minutes from Ventura, California).

Experience some of the best sandstone bouldering on the West Coast by day and enjoy by night:
· Live music from Still Time and Latch Key Kid.
· The West Coast premier of the Reel Rock Tour
· Dyno comp
· Sponsor demos and gear sales
· Camping

For more information and to register for the Pine Mountain Pulldown, please visit www.pinemountaincomp.com

Don't wait to sign up, entry is limited to 400 people and is expected to fill up fast.

(This post was edited by maculated on Jun 16, 2008, 8:30 PM)

cloudbreak

Jun 16, 2008, 9:33 PM
Post #2 of 6 (7939 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maculated] 2008 Pine Mountain Pulldown, 9/5-7, Ojai, CA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll probably be the only one to say this, but this whole thing saddens me.

It's such a pristine, gem of a place.

svenn

Jul 10, 2008, 7:38 PM
Post #3 of 6 (7786 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cloudbreak] 2008 Pine Mountain Pulldown, 9/5-7, Ojai, CA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've talked to quite a few people and they all say that this place has allot of broken bottles, gun shells , graffiti and other issues. An event and clean up after will probably be the best thing that ever happened to this area for local climbers. I'm going. Looks like the event will be great for the whole area and the climbing community.

Wow, maybe Patagonia will be a sponsor, they are local. They sponsor climbing events all over the USA as a way to show their support for the climbing community and the access fund who helps keep climbing areas open to all climbers. Patagonia just sponsored an event in Joshua Tree with hundreds of attendees.

Maybe Yvonn will show up also, he seems like a very ECO and climber friendly kind of guy and will probably want to be involved since this is such a ECO event, Its even being solar powered and they are having major clean ups of the area before and after the event.

Climbing, Music, Beer and earth friendly. Too much.

Sven Wink

(This post was edited by svenn on Jul 10, 2008, 10:15 PM)

cloudbreak

Jul 10, 2008, 8:43 PM
Post #4 of 6 (7776 views)
Shortcut

Re: [svenn] 2008 Pine Mountain Pulldown, 9/5-7, Ojai, CA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sven, I think you have the wrong place. You might find a little glass around the campsites, maybe. As for graffiti and gun shells, maybe you're thinking of the Lizard's Mouth area above Santa Barbara, as they're non-existent up there.

My sadness comes from the fact that this comp has openings for 400 boulderers for a one day event. That's probably not far from the number of people bouldering up there for an entire summer.

Just think how nice and chalked up everything will be by the end of the day. You do the math.....

svenn wrote:
I've talked to quite a few people and they all say that this place has allot of broken bottles, gun shells , graffitti and other issues. An event and clean up after will probably be the best thing that ever happened to this area for local climbers. I'm going. Looks like the evenet will be great for the whole area and the climbing comunity.

Sven

svenn

Jul 10, 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #5 of 6 (7753 views)
Shortcut

Pine Mountain [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No, it was Pine Mountain for sure. Just checked it again and there are even photos of the nasty Spray painting. I'm sure the locals will be happy yhe access fund is organizing the adopt a crag event around this comp. They are even going to clean all the chalk the other locals and visitors have left behind.

Sven

curt

Jul 11, 2008, 6:47 AM
Post #6 of 6 (7720 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maculated] 2008 Pine Mountain Pulldown, 9/5-7, Ojai, CA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hopefully, copper will never be discovered there.

Curt

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook