RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

lextalion

Jul 18, 2008, 1:47 AM
Post #1 of 1 (2053 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Gym in Napa Ca called Rockzilla
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just went climbing @ Rockzilla in Napa Ca. It was a laid back gym and had a lot more routes of varying difficulty, than I had expected from the web pictures and from what I've heard from others whom have climbed there.

They had a decent bouldering area, although I prefer the bouldering Cave at Vertex climbing Gym in Santa Rosa, as I prefer their cave.

I was pleased that the prices were typical being about $12 per day to climb. The thing that was a surprise was the lack of training, or at least how they do not require one to go through a class to learn proper belay technique. This is the first gym that I've been to where they just taught the technique without requiring a fee. However, it makes me wonder how long before there is law suite and they shut down.

I also would like to see the gym have a cooler or at least have a water fountain to help cool the jets. The other noticeable difference is that there isn't a locker room which I noticed.

I'll post some pictures of the gym after I down size the pictures from todays climbing.

(This post was edited by lextalion on Jul 19, 2008, 6:00 AM)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook