Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Camping at rumney
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

bwareofhghts

Feb 12, 2007, 5:16 PM
Post #1 of 6 (3594 views)
Shortcut

Camping at rumney  (North_America: United_States: New_Hampshire: Grafton_County: Rumney)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

yo im trying to convince my paraents to go to rumney for spring break. But they said that i gotta plan everything. Does anobody know where you can camp the first week of april couse i know dat most of the places is closed until like may. Anybody got info please?

jmeizis

Feb 12, 2007, 5:56 PM
Post #2 of 6 (3588 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bwareofhghts] Camping at rumney [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I know that the people with the farm across the street from the main parking lot (red barn) allow camping but I don't know if they would have opened for the season by then. Either way I believe it is $7 a person/per night and you would all have to sign a waiver. No reservations or anything but I doubt there will be many there in March. You do know the high is probably at most going to be in the forties and more than likely there will still be snow and ice on the ground? I don't know where your coming from, but I think there might be some more pleasant places to go climbing in March, try a more southerly latitude if you're looking for a roadtrip. If the farm across the way isn't open I know there are several campgrounds around, although I don't know if they'll be open. See the routes database info here: http://www.rockclimbing.com/...afton_County/Rumney/

You might also check out camping in the WMNF because I think you can do so for free if you're such and such feet from this, that, and the other thing. Don't quote me on that though. Do a little research.

jakedatc

Feb 16, 2007, 8:49 PM
Post #3 of 6 (3568 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jmeizis] Camping at rumney [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

$8 a person at the red house.. knock on the left side door before 8pm They are great people and have welcomed climbers in a town that doesn't always do so. No Pets.. no fires. don't screw him over and not pay. I'm pretty sure he only uses that money to pay for the porta potty and the gas to keep it mowed in the back

March is like anywhere that time of year.. it depends on the week. There are tons of walls that will be climbable and comfortable even when the temps are around 40.. the south facing walls soak up sun and are dry and line free. Yes bring a tarp in case of snow/ice. WATCH OUT for falling ice.. especially below Parking lot, Meadows and Waimea.. saw full pitch lines drop at parking lot last year and it was scary shit.

if you're flying or driving from a ways off then maybe south is better but if you're within a half day drive where you can scope out the weather before you leave than go for it.

lisarussell

Jul 21, 2008, 7:04 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2952 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bwareofhghts] Camping at rumney [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, I'm a new owner of a campground in Rumney. The campground is Mountain Pines Rivers Edge Campground 2759 Route 25 Rumney. I will be opened from April to October. Currently, a new bath house is being built. You can camp at your own private site and canoe or kayak right to your site. Group rates are available. Movies, horse shoes, swimming just a great place to relax. Views of Rattle Snake Mountain. Prices are $12.00 a night per person. You can call and reserve a site at 603-786-9955.

charley

Jul 23, 2008, 3:27 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2912 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lisarussell] Camping at rumney [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lisarussell wrote:
Hi, I'm a new owner of a campground in Rumney. The campground is Mountain Pines Rivers Edge Campground 2759 Route 25 Rumney. I will be opened from April to October. Currently, a new bath house is being built. You can camp at your own private site and canoe or kayak right to your site. Group rates are available. Movies, horse shoes, swimming just a great place to relax. Views of Rattle Snake Mountain. Prices are $12.00 a night per person. You can call and reserve a site at 603-786-9955.

How far is this from the rocks?

Neoshade

Aug 30, 2011, 8:20 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1660 views)
Shortcut

Re: [charley] Camping at rumney [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's about 4 miles.
The setup is very similar to the farm across the road: Small open area by the river. Except with showers!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook