RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Accident and Incident Analysis

Premier Sponsor:

theguy

Jul 24, 2008, 4:01 PM
Post #1 of 6 (19934 views)
Shortcut

I&A Posting Guidelines Reminder
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

As a reminder, the guidelines for the I&A forum are posted in the forums list (http://www.rockclimbing.com/...bin/forum/gforum.cgi): "Please keep posts factual and of high quality."

I'd suggest that those who post new I&A reports (or links to them), include this reminder, since some posters don't seem to be aware of the guidelines.

If posters don't wish to comply with the guidelines of this forum, they can either refrain from posting, or post elsewhere.

notapplicable

Jul 24, 2008, 4:39 PM
Post #2 of 6 (19889 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theguy] I&A Posting Guidelines Reminder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

theguy wrote:
As a reminder, the guidelines for the I&A forum are posted in the forums list (http://www.rockclimbing.com/...bin/forum/gforum.cgi): "Please keep posts factual and of high quality."

I'd suggest that those who post new I&A reports (or links to them), include this reminder, since some posters don't seem to be aware of the guidelines.

If posters don't wish to comply with the guidelines of this forum, they can either refrain from posting, or post elsewhere.

I'm all for the discussions that have been recently moded out of some I&A threads but they need to take place in threads like this one, separate and apart from the I&A thread.

Those threads exist for three main reasons. First to express condolences and honor the climber. Second to discuss events that happened before, during and after the accident, in the interest of determining cause and effect. Third to serve as reminders that playing in the vertical world can have serious consequences and no one is immune.

Two experienced climbers fell similar distances, on the same formation, just days apart, resulting in devastating injury, one roped and one unroped. If this doesnt bring that third point home, I dont think anything will. Some just boulder and some freesolo grade v but most of us fall somewhere in the middle and things can go badly for anyone of us.

rtwilli4

Jul 26, 2008, 7:48 PM
Post #3 of 6 (19782 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theguy] I&A Posting Guidelines Reminder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maybe you should also remind people to be sensitive to the information posted here. Majid and the Moderators are STILL arguing about all kinds of dumb shit in ANOTHER thread about the Eldorado climbers. It's pathetic.

have some fucking respect guys.

(This post was edited by rtwilli4 on Jul 26, 2008, 8:13 PM)

Partner epoch

Aug 5, 2008, 1:07 AM
Post #4 of 6 (19344 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rtwilli4] I&A Posting Guidelines Reminder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have stickied this thread in hopes that we can discuss acceptable conduct in this forum.

This forum is, as stated, for serious discussion. Please keep the topics on topic. Some reports are of sensitive nature and we'd like to learn from accidents and recommendations for injuries. Let's all play nicely and be civil in here. We ask that users treat each other with respect on our forums. Treat others as you would wish to be treated.

Please don't hesitate to contact any of the moderators for any clarification or questions.

[/mod hat]

stymingersfink

Aug 5, 2008, 2:11 AM
Post #5 of 6 (19315 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] I&A Posting Guidelines Reminder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

from N_A's replacement thread on the Eldo soloist incident:

majid_sabet wrote:
Why mods are turning to SS Nazi agents?

They can't just keep deleting post just because of 1-2 bad apples. There were plenty of good conversation in the original report and I think deleting post is not the right solution. You could ban members if they are causing problem but deleting the entire post is childish.

Apropos the solution is offered by one of the problems.

Partner robdotcalm

Nov 21, 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #6 of 6 (18752 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] I&A Posting Guidelines Reminder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Reference is made to an "I&A" forum. Since there is no longer such a forum what is this referencing?

r.c

Forums : Climbing Information : Accident and Incident Analysis

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook