Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Devil's Lake - Routes/areas with easy TR setup?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

rsd212

Aug 5, 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1729 views)
Shortcut

Devil's Lake - Routes/areas with easy TR setup?  (North_America: United_States: Wisconsin: Devil_s_Lake)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey, Im looking to climb Devil's Lake (most likely East Bluff area, though am open to suggestions of others), but I dont have much in terms of protection. Anybody know of some good routes where the TR can easily be set off trees or simply with slings? Remember last time we had to use a lot of hexes, but Im too cheap right now to get them and I wont really have anybody with me thats very experienced with setting them. Thanks!

curtis_g

Aug 8, 2008, 9:33 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1698 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rsd212] Devil's Lake - Routes/areas with easy TR setup? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

depends on what you want to climb. your best bet is to hike the top of the bluffs and at each nice group of trees to sling, check the guidebook if it's something you'd be interested in. Orgasm (5.8), I'm pretty sure, is slingable. Over by balanced rock, watermarks direct (5.10a/b) is slingable (boulders on top), and the routes to the left of that (5.6 - 5.9) I believe are pretty easily slingable. but hey, anything is slingable if you have enough webbing.

really, a short-set of stoppers and you can set almost anything TR at the lake, though.

oh, and a ways down the east bluff from CCC trail, there's leaning tower, you can scramble up tha back (5.2) and there's a huge bolt up there you can hang a TR off and the tower has a 5.8, a 5.11a, 5.11b, and like a 5.5 or 5.6 on its various sides.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$35.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook