Forums: Climbing Partners: US - East Coast:
Connecticut Climbers Thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next page Last page  View All

Partner taino

Jul 22, 2008, 1:40 AM
Post #626 of 713 (14253 views)
Shortcut

Gear Stolen at Pinnacle, CT [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi all,

Just wanted to alert everyone to some stolen gear - a lot of it.

I work for The Mountain Workshop, and was setting up some stuff at Pinnacle this morning (Monday, July 21st). Some miscreant absconded with 13 harnesses, 11 helmets, and approximately 30-40 pairs of climbing shoes while I was humping the ropes et al up the trail. The two bags holding the shoes and harnesses/helmets were NOT in sight of the trailhead/road, but were in fact about 50-60 feet up the Metacomet Trail towards the Pinnacle trail turn-off. The bags were also labeled TMW - The Mountain Workshop - Rock Climbing Gear. One was quite large and bright yellow, one was smaller and green/blue.

All of the gear was labeled with either TMW or TW (the shoes). The helmets all had TMW on them, and so did the harnesses.

Eleven of the harnesses were Black Diamond Vario (the older, black ones not the newer, gray ones); one was a Black Diamond Alpine Bod (small), and the last was a Blue Water Voyager.

The shoes were nearly all Scarpa - the classic green leather ones - with TW and a size on each.

The helmets were all Camp Rock Star helmets, in solid blue, red, or white.

I can only assume that someone watched me unload, then sneaked up while I was carrying the ropes, static line, etc.

I'm honestly not expecting to get any of the gear back, but thought it worth my time to alert any other users of the area.

Cheers,

Tai Grosjean
Senior Rock Climbing Instructor
The Mountain Workshop

kdough02

Jul 22, 2008, 6:24 PM
Post #627 of 713 (14231 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Alpinisto] Searching for partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey all,

Just moved back to CT after 5 years away to do my medicine residency and am new to the forum. Climbing for almost 2 years and the guy i always climbed with moved to CO. No trad yet, but comfortable cleaning up to 5.8s. Have all my own gear for TR/sport climbing. Definitely err on the side of being conservative. i've climbed most of the new england spots at least once. my schedule is totally random, but would love to try to meet up with anyone looking for a climbing of similar ability or anyone normal for that matter who would welcome another to their group. PM if interested.

Tai, sucks about your gear. Sorry to hear that. Pinnacle is approaching the level of urban climbing as Quincy Quarry outside of Boston. Will definitely keep an eye/ear out for "extra" gear.

(This post was edited by kdough02 on Jul 22, 2008, 6:27 PM)

Partner taino

Jul 23, 2008, 1:34 PM
Post #628 of 713 (14199 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kdough02] Searching for partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

UPDATE:

Turns out that a construction company about ten miles away from Pinnacle called the office yesterday, saying that the entire bag of shoes had been found dumped on their site.

The harnesses and helmets are still missing, but we've got spares of those; it was the shoes that were an issue.

Cheers,

T

Partner devkrev

Jul 23, 2008, 6:23 PM
Post #629 of 713 (14191 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kdough02] Searching for partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kdough02 wrote:
No trad yet, but comfortable cleaning up to 5.8s. Have all my own gear for TR/sport climbing...

Welcome, and I hope you like trad, because there isn't much anything else around here.

No one in CT climbs much, we just all like to complain about Ken Nichols.

We have alot of fun climbing round here.

dev

Partner devkrev

Jul 23, 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #630 of 713 (14182 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lonelytraveler8] Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lonelytraveler8 wrote:
Hello, I'm new to the forums. My girlfriend got me into climbing in the past year and we're both new to climbing in Connecticut. We went to visit Ragged Mountain the other day and hiked around to get a feel of the trails and take a look at the rock.

Unfortunately, when we got back to our car, a couple of windows had been smashed in and my iPod was stolen. We don't want this to keep us from climbing, but any suggestions on better access would be great.

Better yet, if anyone wants to meet up on a weekend (any time) and show us around, that would be awesome. We have all the necessary gear for top rope climbing.

Dude, that sucks about your car.
I park there when I run around ragged.
I have never had a problem.
I saw the glass today, I had trouble concentrating on my run.
Was the ipod in sight from outside the car?
That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear it.

dev

alex234

Jul 24, 2008, 7:35 PM
Post #631 of 713 (14132 views)
Shortcut

Re: [devkrev] Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey guys.

lookin for some more people to climb with. Got a lotta free time now and will be movin from nw ct to new london in a month or so. ill only be workin 3 days a week so on my days off id like to be climbin as much as possible. anyway if anybodys interested in doin some routes/bouldering drop me a pm.

dr_feelgood

Jul 25, 2008, 2:29 AM
Post #632 of 713 (14093 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alex234] Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

alex234 wrote:
hey guys.

lookin for some more people to climb with. Got a lotta free time now and will be movin from nw ct to new london in a month or so. ill only be workin 3 days a week so on my days off id like to be climbin as much as possible. anyway if anybodys interested in doin some routes/bouldering drop me a pm.

I'll vouch for alex. He's been my partner for quite a while, and is safe and mostly dependable, not to mention he climbs pretty hard. Just tell him to show up 15 minutes before you plan on being there and it'll work out just fine. Seriously... If I weren't so fucking busy I'd be out there every day.

Partner devkrev

Jul 31, 2008, 2:16 PM
Post #633 of 713 (13605 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey all,
If you haven't heard of C3, here is a good place to learn all about them
You need facebook though
C3 bolts

puck13

Jul 31, 2008, 8:51 PM
Post #634 of 713 (13579 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sustainedclimber] Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am new to climbing. I am 15 and have done a few indoor climbs but I need some one to show me the outdoors stuff

Partner devkrev

Aug 6, 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #635 of 713 (13416 views)
Shortcut

Re: [puck13] Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

puck13 wrote:
I am new to climbing. I am 15 and have done a few indoor climbs but I need some one to show me the outdoors stuff

Sorry dude, I think there is liability issues with you being under 18. I just wouldn't be comfortable with it. But keep at it.

dev

dr_feelgood

Aug 15, 2008, 2:09 AM
Post #636 of 713 (13278 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iman74] Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I found some gear at the top of first crack today. Describe it for me, bribe me with beer and we'll see about getting it back to you. PM me for more. No random guesses.

Partner devkrev

Aug 15, 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #637 of 713 (13226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
I found some gear at the top of first crack today. Describe it for me, bribe me with beer and we'll see about getting it back to you. PM me for more. No random guesses.

like it was left by one of the 4 people on this thread, jeff, sure.

um....150 ft. static line?

dev

dr_feelgood

Aug 16, 2008, 2:35 AM
Post #638 of 713 (13159 views)
Shortcut

Re: [devkrev] Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

devkrev wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

dev

Not so much.
However, the laws of booty require me to make a token effort into finding the previous owner before wholeheartedly claiming it as my own.

Partner devkrev

Aug 18, 2008, 3:08 PM
Post #639 of 713 (13079 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
devkrev wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

dev

Not so much.
However, the laws of booty require me to make a token effort into finding the previous owner before wholeheartedly claiming it as my own.

Very honorable of you.
Most booty I just claim, unless its obviously someone at the crag.
But then again, I've never found anything really awesome.

dev

GeneralBenson

Aug 19, 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #640 of 713 (13039 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:

Was it a big bro, a ball nut, and skyhook?

Good effort, bro. I guess it makes up for those nuts you dropped.

iman74

Sep 1, 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #641 of 713 (12889 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Holy cow people. Well 3 years later much has changed. I am proud to say I am the one that started this thread with the same intention 3 years ago as I have today. Three years ago my life was a bit more complicated with a wife and a kid. No longer have a wife but still have a kid but this leaves a lot of extra time on my hands that I spend on my recliner. Seriously I am tired of spending a hour to 2 hrs at the gym cleaning and then what. So 3 years later I am planning to back to an indoor gym re-take a training class, and hoping to find one or more persons to be partner.

Female or male doesn't matter, I just want someone to work with that we can trust each other, and will have the rope locked in case I lose my grip.

I am so glad I booked marked this site for who knows if I would ever find it again. It's pretty cool to be the person that started this thread and coming back to it 3 years later. Now people, who needs a partner or would at least help me for awhile?

Here is some info about me. Email: ansoniactguy@yahoo.com

34 Male nice guy.

Planning to do this at a minimal every other Saturday and/or Sunday. I can probably do it on Mon and Tues evenings, but let's start slow.

I am planning to return back to http://www.primeclimb.com/primeclimbHOME.html for a basic lesson. Believe it or not I am pretty confident I remember it all but want to get a refresher regardless.

Takers?

tuscanwarlord

Sep 7, 2008, 3:51 PM
Post #642 of 713 (12774 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am from CT but i live in the Adirondacks now. I do come back from time to time and I have a few spots Id like to hit up. Def some FAs too!

Also, I would like to know how I go about documenting and posting on a new boulder field in Southern CT. I have a rough sketch of a map that I am trying to make better at the moment, and I wrote 20+ legit problems on my last trip down. This place has everything from V0 to Vimpossible!

ne_dan

Sep 14, 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #643 of 713 (12718 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tuscanwarlord] Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So where are these boulders at? PM if you don't want to post it.

tuscanwarlord

Sep 16, 2008, 12:48 AM
Post #644 of 713 (12665 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ne_dan] Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i dont know how to translate a word file to fit as a post, or how to send it to the site so they can put it up. im computer retarted...

dr_feelgood

Sep 20, 2008, 2:32 AM
Post #645 of 713 (12630 views)
Shortcut

Rollin' in the bootie [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just got back from ragged mtn. Found a headlamp during the course of the day, and want to return it to it's original owners. Send me the details and a promise of alcohol and i'll get it back to you.

super311fan

Sep 24, 2008, 7:13 AM
Post #646 of 713 (12531 views)
Shortcut

New climber [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi all,
New climber looking for a partner to climb with week days (most likely from gym opening until around 2p.m.) in the New Haven or Wallingford areas. Both are close to me and both cities have an indoor gym.

Best way to contact me would be emailing me at super311fan (at) hotmail (dot) com

iman74

Sep 30, 2008, 7:20 PM
Post #647 of 713 (12461 views)
Shortcut

Re: [super311fan] New climber [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

super311fan wrote:
Hi all,
New climber looking for a partner to climb with week days (most likely from gym opening until around 2p.m.) in the New Haven or Wallingford areas. Both are close to me and both cities have an indoor gym.

Best way to contact me would be emailing me at super311fan (at) hotmail (dot) com

I sent you an email. By the way, you don't have to paste your email in code unless you are trying to avoid spammers.

super311fan

Sep 30, 2008, 8:50 PM
Post #648 of 713 (12451 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iman74] New climber [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sent you an email as well.

..and spam is exactly what I'm trying to avoid, I get enough as it is. Frown

superevolved

Oct 9, 2008, 2:30 AM
Post #649 of 713 (12384 views)
Shortcut

Boulder in seymour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just want to share. Found a nice boulder in seymour. It's sharp but nice. Traverse a horizontal crack on the overhang then it turns diagonal up the bulge with a nice slopey top out at 15ft ish. All on jugs, overhanging. Just wanted to share. I have pics in my phone/email but can't load from work computers. Email me if you want to see pics. Take the ATV trail off high ridge rd where nth benham ends. Take first two rights and look on right. About 5 mins in. I have gps coordinates too if anyone wants.
Ali
holmesdotaliatgmail

ne_dan

Oct 9, 2008, 4:02 AM
Post #650 of 713 (12368 views)
Shortcut

Sleeping Giant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This is an open letter to who ever may be bouldering at sleeping giant. No more chalk it looks like you dumped a chalk bag on every big hold. They are under a roof and don't wash off, tomorow I'm going back to scrub them clean, they are jugs no chalk is needed. If you need to mark holds or something get a stick and pint them out, don't cover them in chalk please.

Also I'm looking for a partner for ice and alpine this winter so if you're in the same boat as me, i.e. partnerless let me know.

Dan

First page Previous page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook