RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

pedroj

Nov 5, 2002, 11:51 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1502 views)
Shortcut

Alps (General)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just put this topic, in order to got a vast and general space to speak nd interchange opinions about this popular place among the mountannering comunity. Please people... excuse if i comitt a mistake about my english, ain´t my native languaje. See Ya

pedroj

Nov 5, 2002, 12:02 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1502 views)
Shortcut

Alps (General) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

To open this forum, i gonna beg help to my comrades alpiners, i just need a little conunseling... the point is that i´m planing an soloed asscent to the Mont Blanc, following the Gouteur Route; by the comments and the info tha i got that one is the easiest route... i used to climb in Andes, in Spain, but never in Alps.
I apreciate a lot info from people who has been here. Do not send messages saying.. "you gonna get death...", "you´re crazy about it..", " don´t even try it..", i´m so tired of that and by any means i going to do it. Thanks to everybody see ya.

wildingb

Nov 5, 2002, 12:19 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1502 views)
Shortcut

Alps (General) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gouter route is easy depending on the weather. There is one place were there is some rockfall but it is only about 30m long. Just get up there early. The ridge to the summit is pretty exposed to wind. The hut is usually full (booked up by guides and clients) but there is space for tents.

The route itself is basically a walk, The scrambling is maximum a mod/diff (on the way to the hut).

As for soloing, seen plenty of people do it. To be honest it sounds like you are a decent climber i would suggest going to the campsites in chamonix and hooking up with people there to do more interesting routes as part of a group (point isabelle?)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook