RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

crazy

Aug 18, 2008, 1:01 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1809 views)
Shortcut

i need a ledge
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i have a request from you. thats right you. you know who you are. i need a ledge. my brother and i are headed to the nose at the end of sept. we had a mini epic on the nose a while back and are headed there again. this time we think it would be wise to have a ledge. so if you have one that you are willing to rent let borrow or trade for some CONSTRUCTION services. lets make deal. i am an honest man, honestly. you know that if i say it then it has to be true right help me out come on. leviasprey@hotmail.com i live in san diego ca

yetanotherdave

Aug 18, 2008, 1:43 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Re: [crazy] i need a ledge [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

check out ebay - very gently used ledges show up reasonably often. Or if you're in BC (no hints in your profile) check out outdoorgearswap.com, I think there's still a new bombshelter there.

As an aside, if you're planning to take a ledge up the Nose, plan to hang it beside the great roof. Looked like an awesome bivi spot, and would make for a nice breakdown of climbing days if you're planning for 3 days. Ground/Sickle->El Cap Tower->Ledge by Roof->summit. I think you could hang a ledge above sickle for a decent night's sleep (sucks pretty hard without a ledge there :-)

summerprophet

Aug 18, 2008, 3:20 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1771 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Crazy,
Option 1
You can typically grab a ledge off ebay for 400 bucks. take a look see.

Option 2
You may still be able to rent ledges in the valley, call the Mountain shop and ask if they know if anyone is still doing that.

Option 3
You are in construction you say? I have a ledge in need of repairs, know anyone with access to a machine shop? My custom ledge needs $90 bucks worth of aluminum, and about 2.5 hours put into it. More bomber than an A5. No fly.

Option 4
Skip the ledge, plan for an epic ;)

As well if you end up with an A5, TNF or older BD I have a spare fly I could sell ya. Does not fit above custom ledge. $120

Justin

Mini epic? You weren't the other poor bastards on the wall during the end of May 7 day downpour were you?

(This post was edited by summerprophet on Aug 18, 2008, 5:48 AM)

quiteatingmysteak

Aug 18, 2008, 4:28 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1752 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

crazy wrote:
i have a request from you. thats right you. you know who you are. i need a ledge. my brother and i are headed to the nose at the end of sept. we had a mini epic on the nose a while back and are headed there again. this time we think it would be wise to have a ledge. so if you have one that you are willing to rent let borrow or trade for some CONSTRUCTION services. lets make deal. i am an honest man, honestly. you know that if i say it then it has to be true right help me out come on. leviasprey@hotmail.com i live in san diego ca

Bivy gear is always a self fulfilling prophecy. If you do it without a ledge you will have better stories (and you don't need to haul the extra 15-25 pounds!).

Light is Right!

summerprophet

Aug 19, 2008, 2:54 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1639 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Problem Solved.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...s/Detailed/1650.html

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook