RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

drulints

Oct 19, 2001, 10:46 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1716 views)
Shortcut

Safe Harbor
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

For those of you who continue to climb at Safe Harbor and know that it is off limits and/or those of you who haven't been there yet and are planning on it despite of this knowledge. I recommend that as you drive in to the crag that you do so slowly on the road perpendicular to the tracks. The individuals who live on this road live here to stay away from loud individuals. Obviously if you race down this road they will call the authorities. If you don't scare their dogs and wake their kids, you will probably be alright. Although this is a sweet place to climb, don't do it. It's illegal. But if you want to, follow these steps.

rwaltermyer

Oct 22, 2001, 5:45 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1716 views)
Shortcut

Safe Harbor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Now I've never been at SH, but isn't there a north and south wall? I heard one of these remains open? Correct, or not?
By tht way, I go to Millersville U., where do you live?

drulints

Oct 22, 2001, 6:22 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1716 views)
Shortcut

Safe Harbor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm almost absolutely possitive that both are closed because of the proximity to the abandoned railroad. Just last year one of the railroads bought the land and decided to get it running again. I bet the whole deal fell through but they still inforce the whole "No Trespassing" deal. Sorry, I grew up in Lancaster just a few miles from Millersville but am now going to grad school in Missouri. I'm totally missing the climbing in Lancaster. It is soooooo sweet having all of that rock so close. Later bro.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook