Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
"Wild Iowa" Book By S. Kintzle? anyone have it?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

MagicWIU

Aug 22, 2008, 8:51 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1078 views)
Shortcut

"Wild Iowa" Book By S. Kintzle? anyone have it?  (North_America: United_States: Iowa: East_Central_Iowa: Pictured_Rocks)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am looking for anyone who may have a copy of the book "Wild Iowa." I have been looking for it for some time and can not find it. I would really like to either buy it or convince someone to scan a few pages for me. Does anyone even have the book?

S. Kintzle's "Wild Iowa"

goa

Aug 28, 2008, 1:35 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1062 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MagicWIU] "Wild Iowa" Book By S. Kintzle? anyone have it? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a copy of it on my bookshelf. To call it a book was a bit of a stretch. it was color copy and the rest was copies held together with 3 rings. I bought one because the author was real friendly, always there, and really tried to improve the place and encourage us all to respect it. I believe he installed the two 5.9 routes Mild Iowa and the one next to it.

This site has way more information than the book ever did and the area has about 30% more routes than the book even featured.

I was part of the 3rd wave after Upper Limits Chris and Mike Sr. and Jr. went through. Myself, Julie Zwart put up some easy, stupid, and hopefully fun difficult lines for ourselves and friends.

If you are looking for some historical ior route information please email me and I will assist if I can.

Also, I am out west and if someone is doing bolt replacement on any of the lines I installed please let me know. I will be more than happy to contribute to the replacement of any hard wear that needs attention.

Thanks,

matt

matt@prana.com

(This post was edited by goa on Sep 22, 2008, 11:31 AM)

MagicWIU

Sep 5, 2008, 4:46 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1038 views)
Shortcut

Re: [goa] "Wild Iowa" Book By S. Kintzle? anyone have it? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Matt,
Thank you for responding. I am looking for information about Pictured Rocks in Iowa. I have been told this book may have information in it about the climbing areas at pictured rock. Mostly I would like to find a map of the climbing areas if it exists, but any other info would be appreciated. I have been there a few times with a buddy of mine and we are using RC.com to guess which climbs we are on, but it would be great to have more information about it. If you could scan and email me some pages that you think might be helpful it would be great. (especially a map if it exists). I would be willing to buy it but something tells me your not planning on selling it. So a few helpful scanned pages would be amazing. Thanks for any help you could give me.

~Neal

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook