Forums: Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback:
Why you should make me a photo mod.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

 


sungam


Aug 24, 2008, 3:59 PM
Post #1 of 17 (3726 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26597

Why you should make me a photo mod.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A) I'm on here everyday, and while I might not be the ideal forum mod, I perfectly understand and respect what's right and wrong in pics. Despite the joke I made in a thread a while ago, if I want porn I'll go to a porn site.
2)I quite enjoy sifting through photos, no matter how shit, to see what people have been up to.
III)looking at when the photos were giving the green light, there is often a few days in between big batches of uploads. I would probably be on enough to even this out a bit. People like to see their photos uploaded soon after they hit the button, so they can check every 5 mins to see if they have a comment.
Right now there is often a several day wait on getting the green on photos, and I guess it can get a little annoying :P
Anyways, DDT et all, consider it.


notapplicable


Aug 24, 2008, 4:10 PM
Post #2 of 17 (3723 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [sungam] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
A) I'm on here everyday, and while I might not be the ideal forum mod, I perfectly understand and respect what's right and wrong in pics. Despite the joke I made in a thread a while ago, if I want porn I'll go to a porn site.
2)I quite enjoy sifting through photos, no matter how shit, to see what people have been up to.
III)looking at when the photos were giving the green light, there is often a few days in between big batches of uploads. I would probably be on enough to even this out a bit. People like to see their photos uploaded soon after they hit the button, so they can check every 5 mins to see if they have a comment.
Right now there is often a several day wait on getting the green on photos, and I guess it can get a little annoying :P
Anyways, DDT et all, consider it.


No answer at the front door so your gonna try to sneak in the back?


sungam


Aug 24, 2008, 4:18 PM
Post #3 of 17 (3718 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26597

Re: [notapplicable] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Don't know what you meanz. Silly americanisms.


sungam


Aug 24, 2008, 4:19 PM
Post #4 of 17 (3717 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26597

Re: [sungam] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1933130;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread !!!


notapplicable


Aug 24, 2008, 8:53 PM
Post #5 of 17 (3682 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [sungam] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post



Better


notapplicable


Aug 24, 2008, 8:58 PM
Post #6 of 17 (3679 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [sungam] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Don't know what you meanz. Silly americanisms.


You know you want the green, just trying to get a foot in the door with this 'doing it for the greater good' stuff.Tongue


sungam


Aug 25, 2008, 12:31 AM
Post #7 of 17 (3666 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26597

Re: [notapplicable] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
Don't know what you meanz. Silly americanisms.


You know you want the green, just trying to get a foot in the door with this 'doing it for the greater good' stuff.Tongue
Maybe I do want the green but that is so unlikely I don't even take it seriously. I would do the photo mod stuff, though.
I'm fairly certain I would be a shit forum mod.


dingus


Aug 26, 2008, 9:18 AM
Post #8 of 17 (3608 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 16, 2002
Posts: 17392

Re: [sungam] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I think its typical rc.com BULLSHIT that anyone needs premission from beginners, punters and internet hacks to post a goddamned climbing picture. Animal Farm - stay out of the farmhouse magnus, you're feet are muddy. A pox on you all!


DMT


(This post was edited by dingus on Aug 26, 2008, 9:18 AM)


thomasribiere


Aug 26, 2008, 10:13 AM
Post #9 of 17 (3599 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 24, 2002
Posts: 9305

Re: [dingus] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
I think its typical rc.com BULLSHIT that anyone needs premission from beginners, punters and internet hacks to post a goddamned climbing picture. Animal Farm - stay out of the farmhouse magnus, you're feet are muddy. A pox on you all!


DMT

It wouldn't be so "silly" if all the pictures were submitted correctly, ie at last pointing to a climbing area and in the good category. But this looks so tough to do... And it's not even moderated when wrong, so I suppose that no one really minds...

ANyway I'm for magnus as a photo mod : he's often online and motivated, which is important.


(This post was edited by thomasribiere on Aug 26, 2008, 10:13 AM)


dingus


Aug 26, 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #10 of 17 (3597 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 16, 2002
Posts: 17392

Re: [thomasribiere] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Dropping all the other crap...

WHY must a photo be pointed to ANYTHING????

What is this incessant need to file EVERYTHING?

DMT


sungam


Aug 26, 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #11 of 17 (3597 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26597

Re: [dingus] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well, it took several days for my photos to get okay'd.
I missed my EFFin' chance to show te_h laid-ee's!
WTF guys! let me okay te_h shots!
16 hours a day! plenty of time to okay! [/rhymez]


sungam


Aug 26, 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #12 of 17 (3596 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26597

Re: [dingus] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
Dropping all the other crap...

WHY must a photo be pointed to ANYTHING????

What is this incessant need to file EVERYTHING?

DMT
because they can? :P
BTW, I vote for magnus as well.


Gmburns2000


Aug 27, 2008, 7:36 AM
Post #13 of 17 (3554 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15152

Re: [sungam] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You should have made this a poll, then you'd get rc.knob's version of a petition.

BTW - I'd vote yes.


Partner rrrADAM


Aug 28, 2008, 5:45 AM
Post #14 of 17 (3407 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [sungam] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
People like to see their photos uploaded soon after they hit the button, so they can check every 5 mins to see if they have a comment.
No... No they don't.

Do you do this?


sungam


Aug 28, 2008, 6:23 AM
Post #15 of 17 (3397 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26597

Re: [rrrADAM] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
sungam wrote:
People like to see their photos uploaded soon after they hit the button, so they can check every 5 mins to see if they have a comment.
No... No they don't.

Do you do this?
Sorry, this was a subtle peg at one or two users.
I check my photos once in a wee while to see if there are comments, sure, but I dunno about every 5 mins...


vegastradguy


Aug 29, 2008, 9:54 PM
Post #16 of 17 (3268 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 28, 2002
Posts: 5919

Re: [sungam] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
Don't know what you meanz. Silly americanisms.


You know you want the green, just trying to get a foot in the door with this 'doing it for the greater good' stuff.Tongue
Maybe I do want the green but that is so unlikely I don't even take it seriously. I would do the photo mod stuff, though.
I'm fairly certain I would be a shit forum mod.

greenz only for mods. editors get no love on colors!


sungam


Aug 30, 2008, 2:59 AM
Post #17 of 17 (3237 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26597

Re: [vegastradguy] Why you should make me a photo mod. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I thought as much.
I was just humoring NA.
Still, needz some backup on editzhons?


Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook