Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
bozoo across the river
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

eastmeetswest

Aug 24, 2008, 7:10 PM
Post #1 of 1 (779 views)
Shortcut

bozoo across the river  (North_America: United_States: West_Virginia: Roped_Climbing: Other_Regions: Bozoo_Rocks)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

went across the river via canoe today...walked a mile upstream, and then paddled a mile downstream and walked even further...there are no boulders over there. at least none worth ever talking about. another one of those situations where "if it isn't already developed, then it really isn't worth it."

unless i didn't go up or down far enough, there were only a couple cliff lines that looked alright, but nothing to really establish. bozoo main has enough of a secluded feeling to it (most of the time) that going even further to the other side of the river would be just plainly contrived.

at the end of the day, ended up paddling back to bozoo main side and put up some cool new (?) stuff on a boulder that is usually surrounded by water (the New river is approx. 3.5 feet lower than EVER). i'll try to post pics later, but the boulder has 3 v-easy lines on the river's face, 3 v-hard (the middle and left line has yet to go!) problems on the left face and the whole right side looks awesome...didn't have enough time to clean it though. they would definitely be in the v-hard range.

i'll be leaving the state in November for good so, don't know if i'll be out there again...its been great guys.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook