RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

russmanswife

Nov 7, 2002, 4:31 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1169 views)
Shortcut

CLIMBING SHORTS
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i was just thinking about this since i saw the pants topic. i have been thinking about getting a pair of prana shorts to climb in (when it is warmer) the tetanya (can't remember the name) has anyone ever worn the shorts or the pants and do you like them. tried climbing in sweats when it got cold and that was just too bulky so i definitely want to get the pants but not sure about the shorts.

rockwomyn

Nov 7, 2002, 5:02 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1169 views)
Shortcut

CLIMBING SHORTS [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have 2 pairs of the "Borrego" pants...they are so comfy and and soft. i imagine that the ones you are talking baout would also be good.

Prana...great clothes...lots of money, i would have never spent 50.00 on a pair of pants unless i felt that i could live in them and that they would last.

ecocliffchick

Nov 7, 2002, 10:08 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1169 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My favourite's are the Verve "genie" pants. They're long enough to be warm when it's chilly, but short enough to be cool when it's hot out. They're also not really close fitting (so they allow air flow and don't get stuck to you with sweat) - but not so loose as to add bulk under your harness. My favourite pair I've worn almost every climbing day for 2 years, and they're just starting to get "holey". They are expensive, but I think they're worth their weight in gold for the amount of comfort they provide and level of use I've put them through.

superd

Nov 12, 2002, 5:31 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1169 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The lack of durable, and fashionable climbing pants for women climbers is very high on my pet peeve list. I have tried just about all of the women's climbing pants out there. Here are my two cents: I have the tenya pants that you mentioned. I really liked them alot.. the style, and they seemed durable... (at first) After about 6 months, the knees wore thin....then the holes came. That really pissed me off! I love the verve lida pants, but they just do not hold up climbing. Probably worse than the tenya though. I climb alot at in bishop, as well as joshua tree, and they are constantly snagging and getting holes in them. (I assume that the same would happen to the similar prana & stonewear stretchy styles) Now, I am wearing the Black Diamond BDV's, and they are definately durable (some snags), but they are way unfashionable (plus they are $128-ugh!) I also have the franklin pants...they are made of a durable canvas.. great but franklin no longer makes climbing clothing! There are way more pants out there for men that will actually hold up climbing. The clothing manufacturers need to wake up and make some durable climbing clothing for women. We actually climb now... not just belay or sit around waiting for our boyfriends to finish climbing! My other pet peeve is the lack of high performance climbing shoes in smaller sizes for women in the local stores like REI, and A16... but that is another post If you have any pants that you like out there that will hold up climbing....i would appreciate the suggestions!

mreardon

Nov 13, 2002, 1:27 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1169 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not sure about fashionable, but Megalith make some super-durable pants (mostly guy-style though). I've had a couple pairs for a while now and have yet to burn a hole in them.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook