Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Directions to Curse Wall
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

alpinerock

May 22, 2006, 2:48 AM
Post #1 of 6 (6075 views)
Shortcut

Directions to Curse Wall  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: American_Fork_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Looks off the wall, anyone know how to get there? If so please post up along with a general description of the routes in the area and where they are. Thanks

thehardnailer

May 28, 2006, 4:45 AM
Post #2 of 6 (6073 views)
Shortcut

Re: Directions to Curse Wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

go to tibble fork reservoir, follow the dirt road north into upper AF canyon, go all the way to graveyard flats, after the stream crossing you arrive at the site of the Dutchman mine, go left follow the jeep road as it scales the right (north) side of Mary Ellen Gulch, did I mention a four wheel drive is nice? when there are cliffs on both sides get out and climb, routs range from 5.6 to 5.14 trad or rad, ask at Mountainworks, provo, for all the latest beta, and if there's room in you'r car they'll trade a belay for a ride up there.

vertical1

Sep 21, 2008, 3:22 PM
Post #3 of 6 (5404 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alpinerock] Directions to Curse Wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Went there yesterday. not worth the effort. Someone online must have "my child syndrome, aka home crag syndrome" because the couple reports I read online were great. but thirty foot two to three bolt routs with some loose rock is not great in my opinion. And it is faster to drive from SLC to maple canyon than to Curse wall.

sungam

Sep 21, 2008, 4:59 PM
Post #4 of 6 (5394 views)
Shortcut

Re: [vertical1] Directions to Curse Wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

vertical1 wrote:
Went there yesterday. not worth the effort. Someone online must have "my child syndrome, aka home crag syndrome" because the couple reports I read online were great. but thirty foot two to three bolt routs with some loose rock is not great in my opinion. And it is faster to drive from SLC to maple canyon than to Curse wall.
Did it make you curse?

vertical1

Sep 21, 2008, 6:15 PM
Post #5 of 6 (5388 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Directions to Curse Wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yes, but the only consolation was that we were already up near tibble, hiking box elder peak, so we didnt make a special trip there. but was told that a guide book should be out in six months. same info as what has been around since 2003, should be out in six months

(This post was edited by vertical1 on Sep 21, 2008, 6:17 PM)

briankorale

Jun 11, 2009, 6:59 PM
Post #6 of 6 (5218 views)
Shortcut

Re: [vertical1] Directions to Curse Wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

45 minutes from Tibble Fork Reservoir to The Curse Wall. Drive to Tibble Fork Reservoir. At the information bulletin board at the north end of the reservoir, set your odometer to 0. Take the dirt road on the right heading up North Fork Canyon. Do not head left up to Silver Lake. At 3.8 miles you’ll pass through a limestone gate; at 4.1 you’ll pass Road 295 going left; at 4.3 you’ll see The Sultana Smelter Site on your right; at 4.7 miles, you’ll have had a wooden fence on your left, turn left and there’s a parking area with two different roads. Road 195 goes right, but the road you want is Road 111 branching left and heading southwest. When you get to 4.9 miles you’re going to need high clearance. If you park and walk, it’s an easy 20-minute hike to the crags. At 5.1 miles you’ll come to a forest service gate and a road going right. Stay left! At 5.7 miles you’ll see a boulder on your right. The wall to the right of the road and to left of the boulder is the right side of The Blessed Wall. At 6 miles is a parking area for five cars (please leave room for other cars if you’re there first) and the wall to your right is The Curse Wall. The crags on the right side of the road are located on five different walls. The first wall you drive by will be The Blessed Wall. It’s located up and behind the boulder that overhangs the road on your right side. The Charmed Wall is at the top of the small talus slope 50 yards past the overhanging boulder and 50 yards before the parking area. The Curse Wall is in two sections and is slightly down and right from the parking area. (About 30 yards, see topos) The Zero Wall is about 100 yards past The Curse on your right. The Three Aces Wall is the tall wall to the left after The Curse.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook