RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

WVUdoc

Oct 20, 2008, 5:13 PM
Post #1 of 6 (806 views)
Shortcut

Have you injured your shoulder - A medical survey
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

As part of a medical research project at West Virginia University, we are conducting a survey of people that have experienced shoulder injuries during wilderness sports. It only takes a few minutes to fill out, and could potentially help us understand treatment options for shoulder injuries. If you have experienced a shoulder injury in this setting, please follow this link to the consent form and project description, and then to the survey. All responses are anonymous. Some of the questions may not apply to your particular injury, and it is okay to just leave those blank. The survey may not support some web browsers, and paper copies are available on request. Any questions regarding the project should be directed to Jack Ditty: jditty@hsc.wvu.edu
Thanks for the help.

Jack Ditty MD and Dugald Chisholm, MD
WVU Department of Emergency Medicine

http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/som/em/research/shouldersurvey/

limeydave

Oct 21, 2008, 8:24 AM
Post #2 of 6 (759 views)
Shortcut

Re: [WVUdoc] Have you injured your shoulder - A medical survey [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

WVUdoc wrote:
As part of a medical research project at West Virginia University, we are conducting a survey of people that have experienced shoulder injuries during wilderness sports. It only takes a few minutes to fill out, and could potentially help us understand treatment options for shoulder injuries. If you have experienced a shoulder injury in this setting, please follow this link to the consent form and project description, and then to the survey. All responses are anonymous. Some of the questions may not apply to your particular injury, and it is okay to just leave those blank. The survey may not support some web browsers, and paper copies are available on request. Any questions regarding the project should be directed to Jack Ditty: jditty@hsc.wvu.edu
Thanks for the help.

Jack - I took a look at the survey, it leans heavily toward dislocations and other diagnosed and treated injuries.
A lot of folks around here (myself included) will have suffered moderate shoulder injuries that for one reason or another go undiagnosed, self treated, ignored, etc
I hope you get a few answers for your survey, but I expect most folks will leave that form pretty blank.

gogounou

Oct 21, 2008, 1:52 PM
Post #3 of 6 (723 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WVUdoc wrote:
Thanks for the help.

http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/...arch/shouldersurvey/

Ditto what Limey said. And clicky.

monkeychild

Oct 21, 2008, 6:34 PM
Post #4 of 6 (696 views)
Shortcut

Re: [limeydave] Have you injured your shoulder - A medical survey [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah - I did something to my shoulder a bit ago and I really don't know what it is, and I don't plan on doing anything about it except letting it rest because if I tried to treat every pulled muscle/tendon I got, I'd be tooooo busy to climb. I don't think your survey caters directly to climbing injuries, or at least you're going to get a biased outcome because the majority of shoulder injuries are little things that go untreated.
MC

onceahardman

Oct 21, 2008, 7:39 PM
Post #5 of 6 (678 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I filled out the survey, because I had a relevant injury (glenohumeral dislocation, self-reduced.)

The survey would not let me exit unless I gave my age, so I bailed.

You said we could leave blanks.

jt512

Oct 21, 2008, 7:41 PM
Post #6 of 6 (676 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WVUdoc wrote:
Thanks for the help.

Your questionnaire, as written, is confusing. If you'd like assistance rewriting it from a professional biostatistician, contact me. I entered my email address on the last question of the survey.

Jay

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$49.46 (10% off)
$53.96 (10% off)
$107.96 (10% off)
$40.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook